registration of Egyptian nationals

Nope...u don't have to register if u last entered after september 2002 and had your passport stamped, i.e, u can prove it...

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to register...

if you did not register at the airport, it does not matter if you arrive after sept2002! if still in doubt talk to a "knowledgable" lawyer and better yet immigration officer or both (lawyer/officer)! to be sure you can ask the INS officer to make a note on your I94 that you do not need registering.

Registeration means fingerprint/photo and FINS#, if you did not go thru this at the airport then you have to register now!

Only UScitizens and Greencard holders or certain other US document holders are exempt otherwise rest of the world born in any of the registration countries is required to register.

LoveUSA, for your info. please be careful of advising in these matters as most of the complex info. is not written at the INS site or anyother place, it is only known by INS (even some INS officers might not know all the rules) but it is upto the individual to find out the intricacies, people have been turned away by INS because some INS officer did not know some rule or overlooked the rule when considering the case, that is one of the reasons why INS gave Jan27-Feb7 extension so people turned away unknowingly/mistakenly can also be registered and not put in detention later!

The consequence of not registering due to any unnecessary/mistaken reasoning are still the same as willfully doing it - detention/deportation!

mmx,

I am not sure what derived your opinion, I am pretty much confident about it that he does not have to register as I am in the same boat and I have confirmed this with several attorneys. Unless all of them were wrong and you have read something very specific instructions.

If you last entered after sepxx, 2002, you do not need to register, that's the law so far. Please show me where it's written that the burden is on you to do it at the airport.

I do know the consequences of a mis-advise, I wouldn't advise any one without being aware of it, and in this case I myself is not going to register due to the same situation.

Thanks