Registered 3/17 in San Francisco

asayani

Registered Users (C)
I successfully registered in the San Francisco office on March 17th. The facts of my case are as following:

A. 245(i) filed before the cutoff date
B. Approved Labor Certificate
C. Pending I765 (EAD)
D. Pending I485 (AOS)

Currently I am technically out of status. The lady was extremely nice and courteous. I came to the U.S on F1 visa.

Hope this helps.

Will register in April

Thank you ...Thank you ... Thank you ... Boy! Am I glad to hear from you. Dude this is just what I was waiting for. So far everyone that posted experience had squiky clean record. Had no idea what to do. Dude, you are so lucky that you are in San Francisco, with same record people got NTA at Arlington. Can you imagine what kind of shit going on all over the place! But dude do us a favor, can you pleeeeeeeeeeesee give us some detail on your experience? This will reeeealy help us all. At this point most of the people with our kind-a record is just waiting for each other.
We'd really appreciate your help. Thanx again.

You are a Hero!

Here is my situation:

1. 245(i) [ Before April 30, 2001]
2. Labor Cert. Approved.
3. I-140 Approved.
4. EAC valid until Sep'2003
5. I-485 FP done Oct'2002
6. I-485 Pending since Aug'2002

What do you think? By the way, how long were you out of status? Please let us know. Thanx
again. Now I'll go spread the news. You are a Hero!

registration

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I have registered last week. I came here as F1 and then I was in H1 and now in I485. I am in Dallas. The INS officer was very courteous. He asked for my DL, a credit card, bank card and my I-94 which he stamped later. My I-94 expired a long time ago. He also asked for the A# but did not see anything else. I had all my receipts, work letter, paystub, title of the house etc. But he did not ask for anything and so I did not volunteer anything. He also did not ask me anything about my school information. He only asked if I worked for the compnay that I mentioned. I also had an attorney with me since my compnay provided for it, but attorney just sat there and we tried to make some small conversation off topic. The computer crashed once and the officer had to re-enter everything again. Once he was done, he stamped my passport and the I-94 and wrote the FIN number and explained to me that I would have to register again next year if I do not have my GC by then and I would have to report in the airport if I travel overseas.

A friend of mine also went the same day with me and the officer he had asked him a few more questions than I had. He was also asked about the school that he went to, when he graduated and what does his wife do etc.

My hunch is, if you are in Dallas area and currently you are in status and you do not have any criminal background or never been arrested before, you should be fine. Then again I am not an attorney, if you have doubt, consult an attorney.

I would have posted this message earlier, but I had problem using my old account and had to register again. Hope this helps.

Registered in SF

Shourav,

I think your case is better than mine. You atleast have your EAD in your hand. That means you are in-status right now and that is what counts. I don't even have my EAD yet. But the lady was extremely nice. She seemed to be the supervisor of that department because everybody kept asking her questions about the system and what to do etc.

When I turned in my passport with my expired F1 visa on it and all my pending INS apps to her, she took it back and got all the info from the computer system on my case. Then when my name was called, she started typing the information in the computer from the form that I had filled out earlier with all my biographical information. She asked me if I had transcripts from my college. I said no. But I had a copy of my degree which I gave her. Then she just entered all the information in the system. Wrote down the FIN number on my I-94 and told me to come back in a year if I don't get my GC by then. That's it and I was out of there.

I am not sure how are things in other places. But SF has been a little lenient.

Hope this helps.