Regarding I-140 receipts

swapnilpatil

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I have applied for my I-140 and 485 concurrently under EB2 category in Oct 2004. I have received receipts for I-485 and have also got my EAD, fingerprinting is also completed. I am asking my employer about my I-140 filing receipts and he is not giving them for some reason, saying he does not have it and will have to search if he has it(desi guy).

How do I obtain the receipt nos. for my I-140, is it the same as the receipts no. for my I-485. Also, the lawyer says I-140 copy must have been mailed to the employer.

How do I track the progress of my I-140, I don't have a clue whats happening with it. (though I know the progress on the USCIS website for I-140 processing dates)

Can I be sure that they filed the I-140 for me, since I have the I-485 receipts with me.

Guys, how can I obtain copy of the receipt nos for I-140. Please advise.

Thanks

Since you have the I485 receipts, the I140 has also been filed. Speak to your HR or company immigration lawyer and they should be able to provide you with a receipt number. Since I140 is the company petition, they may not give out the details.
Try and talk to them and see what happens.

{...}

swapnilpatil said:
I have applied for my I-140 and 485 concurrently under EB2 category in Oct 2004. Guys, how can I obtain copy of the receipt nos for I-140. Please advise.
Thanks
It's crazy -- Desi's will not improve {...}. What the heck they will make by hiding the I-140 document..

1> If you paid the INS fees -- for I140. Then you can get the copy of the check submited from Ur bank. On the back side U will find Ur LIN number.
Some bank offer online service where U can view front and back side of the check -- Like I bank with Bank One and I can see both sides of the check online.

2> Since U filed concurrently... there is a good chance that Ur LIN number for I140 might be close to Ur 485 LIN.
Do some elimination -- Ur 140 lin will be < 485 LIN.
Since U filed on Oct 2004 -- there is a good chance that all those guys who filed on the same date as U did -- checking this forum all the time. Check with them and eliminate some I-140 LINS..

If you hit on multiple I140's in proxmity -- track all of them ...:confused:

Hope that helps a little bit --- with the hope of future generations of Desi's will be little more kinder.
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, I managed to get the receipts numbers from my employer. Since he is a desi employer and not willing to give me copy of my I-140, how can I be sure that the receipt number he had given is mine.

The LIN no. is in the similar range as the 485 receipt no. and I just want to verify for my peace of mind that he is not fooling around with me.

Any suggestions ??

I140 Case number

Hi Guys,

Today I received the case numbers for I485, EAD and AP applications from my employer , my application was recently filed in EB2 concurrently. Is there a separate case number available for I140 also, I have not received the case number for I140.How do I get it if there is one. Do I need ask my employer.

Thanks

kris