Regarding I-140 Processing Time... How come it is possible?

manjprog

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I came to US in 2004 on H1 visa and has been working on H1 till now.
My employer has applied my Labour in Feb 2006 and it has got approved in March 2006.

My employer has applied my I-140 in second half of June 2006. And my employer told me that my I-140 has been in approved in the last week of July 2006.

Here is the REAL problem.

When I looked into the I-140 Processing Dates of Service Centres (CA, Nebraska, TX, VT), it is mentioned that they are processing the I-140s under Skilled Worker or Professional category for the following dates:

CA - It is not processing any I-140s at this time.
Nebraska - May 02, 2006
Texas - May 02, 2006
VT - April 01, 2006

The above dates I observed at the following link: https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp?

My QUESTION:
When all these service centres are processing I-140s which are received much before mine, then how come my I-140 processed so quickly? Was I made fool by my employer? Iam bit afraid.

Can you please give your advice.

Thanks,
-Vipul

Its always better to check approval notice.

It is possible to get approval way before the processing date. I know another case got approval with in 10 days ( before they introduced PP).

If you know your Case #, you can check on USCIS website too.

Good luck

vka2100 said:
Its always better to check approval notice.

It is possible to get approval way before the processing date. I know another case got approval with in 10 days ( before they introduced PP).

If you know your Case #, you can check on USCIS website too.

Good luck

This is absolutely possible, because USCIS processing times doesn’t have any rhyme or reason. and if you are in denial of your I-140 approval then ask your employer/attorney for a copy or your case #.

hope this helps:)

MANJPROG
There is no reason at all to be worried. You are not interpreting the procesing times correctly.

Labor: Your labor was applied in PERM (the new system i.e all applications after March28,2005 have to be in PERM). They usually get approved in a matter of weeks.

I-140 Processing times posted: Recently the service centers changed the way they report processing times. If you notice, both Texas and Nebraska show the same dat May2, 2006 (this is 6 months to Oct 30,2006). 6 months is the promised time for I-140 by USCIS. So if they are faster than 6 months, they will just post 6 months. However if they are slower than 6 months, then they will post the date of the case that they are processing on that day. So VT wasnt able to stick to that 6 month rule so they posted the date of the actual case they are processing. I-140 processing has been shifted to NSC/TSC.

I hope all this reduces your anxiety. If you have other reasons to doubt your employer, ask him to give you approval notice or get the case number and check your status online.