Regarding Fingerprint re-take notice - will IV happen only after FP?

uspass

Registered Users (C)
My spouse got a finger print retake notice because FBI could not read the card..

1. how common is this? I thought the guys taking the print took enough caution!

2. Does this mean that Interview will aslo get pushed out or is that an independent stream?

Regards,
uspass

Hi,

Several people do get second or subsequent FP notices. I got a second one too (sweaty palms). I got an IV letter after my second FPs were processed. Fact is, I'm not completely sure if my second FP was accepted as there were a couple of red marks then too. Last year and before, people got IL even if FPs were not processed successfully. At the IV, they'd be asked to get police clearance instead. This year, I'm not completely sure but looks like IV notices are getting issued only after FP and namecheck clear.

thanks!

Since 2006, the USCIS only issues interview notices after FP and namecheck is complete. This is to minimise the possibility of lawsuits. As far as I am aware, there are no exceptions.

If your FP processing completes before your interview would normally be scheduled, then it probably won't get in the way (interviews are scheduled "normally" in order of Priority Date - as far as I can tell). If your FP processing delays things beyond the time when they'd normally pull your file and interview, then it will delay things - perhaps much longer than the delay in the FP processing.

I think...