Regarding EAD.....

kt25

Registered Users (C)
wamu,
There's a little confusion here, u see that we got interviewed on Jan 5 2004.But we applied for renewal of EAD online.But they sent a letter saying that we need to go in person to get the fingerprint and picture taken for EAD.Which we did.So the issue is that NSC received the application on Nov 5 2003.I have receipt saying that they received it on NOV 5 2003.The online status says that I765 application for EAD is transferred to an office in chicago,IL.on Jan 9
So i am not sure it is 90 days yet.So i am very confused about this whole thing.So do you still think that i should be able to get an EAD.
please advise!!!!and thanx for the reply,it was helpful
kt25

There is no harm in trying......

Please visit the Chicago Office and explain to them your situation. If you are lucky, they may still issue the EAD.

It is not advisable to apply for EAD renewal online once the case gets transferred to local office. However, now that you have already done it there is no point lamenting the fact. Your situation warrants a sympathetic hearing. Please make a trip to USCIS and try to make the person at the counter understand what happened and god willing, you will get it.

There is no harm in trying. Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator: