regarding conrad state 30 physician j1 waiver!!!!!!!

drmathews

Registered Users (C)
Does any one know how long it will take DOS to approve state 30 waiver?Also how long does USCIS take to approve final waiver? My visa is expiring in august end. I am worried. Any idea or similar experience folks please help!!!

Hi Dr. Matthews, you should not worry for the DOS, that approval usually takes 10-15 days, but the pain is to wait for the USCIS approval, that might take longer, I am awaiting the USCIS approval since 3 weeks. If your visa expires in August, you should apply for the H1b when the DOS gives you the favorable recomendation, that will give you status to stay in the country, save the premium process fee until the very end when your waiver gets to your door.
Good luck!

Hi,
I got a conrad 30 j1 waiver apporved in dec 2006, due to personal hardship i terminated my contract before getting H1 and starting with the sponsoring employer in april 2007, i got another employment from different state eligible for conrad 30 waiver in June 2007. I applied for H1 with old waiver for new employer, as advised by my lawyer(I guess a fatal step), my H1 got denied, and I am in a mess, hardly have 4 more months to complete my residency and boards and will out of status after that,
Please let me know,
1. If i can file another j1 waiver(different cycle and state).
2. Can I file H1 again with the same employer(the latest one not the old one).

Does any one know how long it will take DOS to approve state 30 waiver?Also how long does USCIS take to approve final waiver? My visa is expiring in august end. I am worried. Any idea or similar experience folks please help!!!

Hi..
Dont worrry now a days DOS and USCIS i not taking too long.

State DOH recommendation to DOS sent on JUly 27th, 2007
DOS fav, recommendation sent to USCIS on Aug3rd, 2007
USCIS recieved it on Aug 4th ,2007
USCIS approval of 612 i.e waiver of 2yr home residency rule --- Aug 22nd ,2007
Recieved it my mail on Aug25th, 2007

Iam sure you have recieved your DOS and USCIS by now. Good luck

DOS online update - HELP ME

Hi folks:

I have applied for J-1 waiver based on No Objection from Home Govt. The Indian embassy has sent No objection statement to DOS on 26th July and it has been one month...still DOS website says - No objection requested.

I sent couple of faxes and even sent that NOC received embassy to DOS to receive on 21st Aug. No updates YET. Called many times but no help as Public Enquiry People say they dont know anything.

Can someone help me how to solve this issue.

thanks