Regarding Asylum interview Questions, THANK U!!!

Registered Users (C)
Dear Folks:

I will have an asylum interview soon.
Could anybody who had some successful experience on this type of interview tell me a little bit of it?
What kind of dress will be appropriate? I am in F-1 status, in case of being denied, will it be a big problem for me to continue studying in the U.S?
Anyway, please just tell me what you have learned from your interview. I need you experience so that I won't feel too nervous at that time.

THank you for you guys help.

The first thing you need to do is to talk to your lawyer at length so that both of you are well-prepared on the date of interview.

The dress should be business casual.

The most important thing is be honest--do not lie or embellish. Best.

Lawer can not talk on the interview.
Be ready for questions like how many threatening calls, etc. you had got ina month, week, day? You have to answer clear and with no any doubt.
Try not to give more info than they ask, but you have to be ready to answer any questions.

But the lawyer gives a closing statement at the end and also a written summary of the case.

Originally posted by jw1951
But the lawyer gives a closing statement at the end and also a written summary of the case.
Also the lawyer will likey charge you $ 500 just to attend (he will spend at least 4 hours at $ 125 an hour)

IT DEPENDS ON THE SPECIFICS OF YOUR CONTRACT WITH THE LAWYER. FOR MOST PEOPLE, HOWEVER, THE FLAT LEGAL FEE INCLUDES THE LAWYER'S ATTENDANCE DURING THE INTERVIEW.

FOR ASYLUM CASES I THINK HAVING A LAWYER THERE COULD BE CRITICAL.

IN MY OWN CASE, I PAID MY LAWYER $1500 TO FILE THE CASE. AN ADDITIONAL $1000 WAS DUE WHEN I RECEIVED MY FINAL APPROVAL. THOSE FEES ALSO INCLUDE THE SERVICE OF AN INTERPRETER (WHO WAS A STAFF FOR MY LAWYER).