Reg J1-new application

rchand

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I have some queires regarding J1 visa. First of all, I will introduce myself. I am India chennai, doing my phd in NUS singapore. lat month only i submitted my thesis. I got an offer from ORNL for a postdoc position.

They were ready to apply for H1 or J1 visa. But since i did'nt finish final oral phd defense, i can't have my degree conferement before that. So they said its not possible for them to process H1 without my phd degree. Now, they want me to decide whehter to go for J1.

I came to know that there are possiblity for J1 visa denial, so i was little bit worried about that. Currently i am in singapore working as a RF in NUS under Employment pass. Suppose if i go for J1,
1. Where should i go to get my visa either in singapore or India(chennai), which is better? How long it will take to get my visa?
2. I need to show proof that i had strong ties with the home country, what are the supporting documents that i need to show like property, banl account (how much cash).
3. i was planning to take my wife along with me and the ORNL ready to prepare separate application for her.

Kindly advise me in this regard and how to proceed further. Still I did'nt confirm ORNL to start processing for J1

Thank for your time.
Ravi

Hi,

Nobody is ready to reply my query. I think many people viewed the thread but none of them replied even a word.