• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

refugee in UK won DV 2013

hi,i am a refugee in the United Kingdom who won 2013 Dv lottery for Asia region, there are so many questions i want to ask about my case
1. i've been in UK for more than 2 years while i got my refugee status for only 1 year,my police certificate was obtained just b/f i left my country.i have never gone back to my country since then, which means my police certificate has been more than 2 years, is that still valid to show the embassy.I can't get police certificate from authority now as i have well founded fear to not approach the authority. that's why i become refugee in UK
2. can refugee from another country apply for the US immigrant visa?
3.what are they going to ask me in the interview?
i noticed asian region cut-off starts from 1900 which is surprisingly low, i do not expect a stark rise in the next month bulletin for Asia, i think i have to wait till jan or feb for my case number 9***, this's going to be a torture for me.pls all the forum members help me to relive some stress of mine by answering my question thoroughly. thank you all

1. i've been in UK for more than 2 years while i got my refugee status for only 1 year,my police certificate was obtained just b/f i left my country.i have never gone back to my country since then, which means my police certificate has been more than 2 years, is that still valid to show the embassy.I can't get police certificate from authority now as i have well founded fear to not approach the authority. that's why i become refugee in UK
Its validity will depend on your home state laws &/or the US consulate that u r going to be dealing with.

I do not recall seeing such a regulation barring refugees from applying for a DV visa.Is your home state eligible under the DV regulations?

Interview queries are normally derived from what u filled in the DS-230/DSP-122 forms.This forum has numerous threads regarding selectees interview experiences & thus u wont be at a loss regarding what to expect.

hi,i am a refugee in the United Kingdom who won 2013 Dv lottery for Asia region, there are so many questions i want to ask about my case
i noticed asian region cut-off starts from 1900 which is surprisingly low, i do not expect a stark rise in the next month bulletin for Asia, i think i have to wait till jan or feb for my case number 9***, this's going to be a torture for me.pls all the forum members help me to relive some stress of mine by answering my question thoroughly. thank you all

friend of mine was in the same situation like you while back
you all good
just try to get all the documents needed and valid passport
new police certificate from british police covering 2 last years and school diploma a must
they give you GC no problem
but If I was you I will try to sort out my status in UK -its a better place -US in very deep crisis -far worse then people think