Reference Letter

rkolmi

Registered Users (C)
One of friend want to apply for I-140.

My friend dont have reference letter from previous company and company where he worked is closed now.

Is it necessary that letter needs to come from only CEO or is it ok if we get it from our collegues???

Thanks....

Letters from colleagues are fine but if he can find someone collegue from that company who was at a higher position that would be a safe bet.... like a team lead. This person should write the reference letter on the letter head of his current company... this is what i was told when i was in the similar situation. But the people who told me are not lawyers... so it would be a good thing to take attorneys opinion on this.

In my experience, USCIS did not accept the reference/experience letter for I-140 from my ex-collegue who is working for a different employer now. The letter was on his current employer letterhead.

If the company doesn't exist, there are couple of options, you could execute an affidavit stating that efforts were made to contact the employer and you could not reach him. Also, you need to find an another employee from the same company who can support your argument.