Reentering USA after graduating

s2h_hulala

Hi,

I am on F1 visa and graduating on may 14th,2011. My I20 also expires in May,2011. My F1 visa is valid till 2013.

Now I am leaving for India on may 15th. I am planning to return on June 1st.

1. My first question is can I reenter USA only on USA F1 visa without I20(or with expired I20)?

2. If not, I have also applied for EAD card and I will have active OPT I20. But my EAD card might come late in June. So Can I reenter USA on OPT I20 without waiting for EAD card?

3. If that not possible, I will wait for EAD card. Now suppose I got EAD card on 15th June, now can I reenter USA on 20th June, just on EAD card+OPT I20? (I don't have job offer yet.)

4. If all of those are not possible, that means I have to have job offer with EAD card to reenter USA. right?

Now forget about EAD card and job. Remember I am UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT..There are chances that I might start masters degree if I don't get a good job...I have already applied for admission..

5. So Can I reenter USA with I20 from new university(masters degree) but same F1 visa I have? And if yes, can I reenter in June or I can only enter USA on specific no of days before start of new I20.

Thanks

Either you are going to study for a masters or you are not. If you do not have admission to one at this time, you are not a legitimate advanced degree student.

You cannot come into the US without a valid I-20, the I-20 is more important than the visa - your visa can expire, but as long as your I-20 is valid, you're good to be in the US (can't travel).

You don't need a new visa, it's the I-20 that will be changed to reflect your new university education. Your best bet is not to travel outside the USA when any of your documents are expired because reentry is certainly not guaranteed!