Recycling reco letters from my appl in a different category

Bofors

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

What do you think about re-using NIW recommendation letters for an O-1 application. The NIW redo letters I have mention that they are in support of my immigrant visa application. Since I am short on time for an O-1 application, I was thinking of filing copies of the same letters since their basic import is going to remain the same.. just that the existing letters mention my _immigrant_ application. O-1 being dual intent you would think that that might not be so bad. Any similar experiences out there on people successfully attempting this?

Most of the NIW recommendation letters are approx 7-8 months old. Does prior experience suggest that letters necessarily be within some (3-4 month?) timeframe?

Appreciate the help/guidance/tips.

No Title

Hi!

Will work but I am not sure if you have 2 original copies of the recos or you are planning to submit the copies. The later might not work but I am not too sure.

No Title

Thanks for your reply SHU.

I happen to be one of those people that ask for 4 original signed letters! The thinking being that if the recommender is signing one then he/she doesnt have a problem signing 4, but that these letters can be used in another related context...

Anyways, once again thanks for your response.