Recvd passport missing Naturalization cert.

flowermay

Hi Folks.
I applied for my passport through regular processing.
I received my US passport by priority mail. But I did not get my original naturalization certificate back.

Has this happened to anyone ? Do they send it separately ?

Pls. post your experience.

thanks.....

You will receive them separately if you apply regular processing. I received my passport and my natz cert on the same day, yesterday (June 28).

Your certificate will be returned to you separately (unfolded certificate in a big envelope enclosing information brochure). You will get it soon.

Your certificate will be returned to you separately (unfolded certificate in a big envelope enclosing information brochure). You will get it soon.

Are we supposed to send a big envelope along with our passport application, or does the Passport Office use their own?

Thanks.

Are we supposed to send a big envelope along with our passport application, or does the Passport Office use their own?

Thanks.

You don't have to send a big envelope. They will take care of it. You don't have to worry about it.. just give application form, photos, check, and certificate to the agency (you choose to expedite or just process regularly). You can go to the post office where passport office is and postal clerk will tell you. They will attach them together and begin processing passport application right away. And then later they will return your unfolded certificate & information brochure in a big govt-labeled envelope and separately, they will send you a small envelope (priority mail) that contains your new US passport and information brochures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many people in the forum report receiving their nat certificate separately, with the certificate arriving a few days later. So this is normal. However the Houston office just returned my wife's passport and certificate in the same envelope. So it does not seem to be a standard process.

Many people in the forum report receiving their nat certificate separately, with the certificate arriving a few days later. So this is normal. However the Houston office just returned my wife's passport and certificate in the same envelope. So it does not seem to be a standard process.

The point is they are sending passport and certificate (either separately or same envelope) from department where they verify certificate and issue passport.

Hi Folks.
I applied for my passport through regular processing.
I received my US passport by priority mail. But I did not get my original naturalization certificate back.

Has this happened to anyone ? Do they send it separately ?

Pls. post your experience.

thanks.....

I have Received both my US Passport & N Cert in one mial only.
Did You apply for OCI?

Thanks,
atloci2008

Here are my details:
-------------------------------------------------------
INS Center: VSC
N-400 mailing date: 12/01/2007
PD: 12/03/2007
ND: 01/03/2008
FP: 01/20/2008
Interview Letter Recd: 05/10/2008
Interview Scheduled: 06/20/2008 10:45 AM
Oath Same Day: 06/20/2008

Status: Case Closed and Completed and became official US citizen.
Applied for US passport and US passport card: 07/01/2008(Sent by Regular Mail)
Received US passport with N Certificate: 07/17/2008
Received US passport card: Still In Process

Thank You USGC485 .... Is there any specific reason If not personnel.

Well, there is no real reasons, but I would like to get a security clearanced job. Applying for OCI may affect obtaining a security clearance. I know OCI is not a dual citizenship. I wanted to ask federal companies or agencies to make sure if it doesn't affect security clearance.

Of course, I would like to apply for OCI to visit India frequently.

Well, there is no real reasons, but I would like to get a security clearanced job. Applying for OCI may affect obtaining a security clearance. I know OCI is not a dual citizenship. I wanted to ask federal companies or agencies to make sure if it doesn't affect security clearance.

Of course, I would like to apply for OCI to visit India frequently.

Hope you will get it soon and goodluck!

Thanks,

My Natz cert has not arrived yet. It has been over a week since I got the PP (regular). Should I be concerned and call?

I just got off the phone with National Passport Center. They said they will hold on to my Certificate till the card is done with production. I told the lady that " in the form says specifically they won't hold on to it if the card is not ready" but she said this is what it is now.

Just to let you know, applied for my passport 7/23 expedited to LA
and got the passport in 7/31
and no certificate yet.

I keep you guys posted.

EDIT:

BTW, I am trying to use this online check status thing and it doesn't work. Do you guys know how does it work?

https://passportstatus.state.gov/opss/OPSS_Status_i.asp

Operator told me that I am not entering them right, but it is not damn complicated at all. WTH

I just got off the phone with National Passport Center. They said they will hold on to my Certificate till the card is done with production. I told the lady that " in the form says specifically they won't hold on to it if the card is not ready" but she said this is what it is now.

Just to let you know, applied for my passport 7/23 expedited to LA
and got the passport in 7/31
and no certificate yet.

I keep you guys posted.

EDIT:

BTW, I am trying to use this online check status thing and it doesn't work. Do you guys know how does it work?

https://passportstatus.state.gov/opss/OPSS_Status_i.asp

Operator told me that I am not entering them right, but it is not damn complicated at all. WTH

This is the answer everybody was looking for, I think.
Hello Nimche, how are you doing ?
:cool::cool::cool: