Recording now available for the Feb 19 Conference Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
green card for physical therapists

Hello Rajiv Sir,

Thanks for your kind support to everybody by this conference call.
I am a licenced physical therapist in Michigan and working on my OPT. Is it true that PTs and nurses are exempted from the labor certification during green card process? and they do not need to file labor certification?

And considering the current scenario, can you please let me know approximately how much time does it take for a physical therapist to get a green card?

Thanks
Kalpesh

Hello Rajiv,

My name is Sai. I am very confused and need your advice on how to handle my current issue with H1b status.

Details:
1) Applied GC EB2-RIR on JAN 2005
2) Applied for I140 on July 4th 2007 and I485 on August 22nd 2007.
3) Received EAD and AP for both myself and my Wife.
4) Got RFE I-140 on DEC 10th 2007, and Responded to RFE with mentioned documents on Jan 30th 2008.
5) Finally I-140 Denied on FEB 29th 2008 and Applied for APPEAL on March 29th 2008 (through your Law Firm), APPEAL is still pending.
6) My wife is on H1b Visa. (Valid till Nov 2011)

QUESTIONS:
-----------

Recently (Jan-08) I had travelled to India and entered USA using my AP, (since my H1b Approval was pending). My Current H1b is valid till March 2010 for Company(A).

1) Should I go to other country immediately and re-enter USA using H1b?

2) Can I transfer my H1B from company(A) to (B) and work with company (A) till the visa expires without working for company(B)?

3) In the worst case If my I-140 Appeal (I120B) gets denied, will my current H1B will be invalid immediately or how many days it will be valid? I am on Payrole, so what happens to my status in USA?

4) I want to continue with the same company(A) till I get my Appeal result.
In the worst case If my Appeal gets denied, at that time can i work with company(B) ? (Where H1b was already transferred). Also I have applied PERM through Company(B) in the month of OCT-2008.

I need your suggestion. Please.. advice me.

Thanks
Sai2005

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.