Recording available for download for Oct 6 Conference Call

monica1

Administrator
Staff member
recording available for download for Oct 6 Conference Call.
http://www.immigration.com/free-community-conference-calls

----------------------------------------------------
Conference Dial-in: 1-712-432-3066
Conference Code: 531023
Topic: General Immigration Related Questions
Start Time: 1:55PM, EST
End Time: 3:20 PM, EST
CALL DATE: Oct 6, 2011

-----------------------------------------------------
NOTE: This call does not mean that we have agreed to represent you or that there is an attorney-client relationship between us. This is merely a community service. You should discuss the specifics of your case with the attorney representing you.

Last edited by a moderator:
PERM related question

Do you recommend filing new EB2 PERM pitition through a new employer in future employment basis without being on their payroll? Does this process have more chances of getting audited? Would this process have any complications even in I-140 stage after EB2 PERM gets approved?

GC for kids delivered in india

I got GC in Aug 2011 and i sponsored to my wife who is in india and never came to US.What if we get a kid(delivered baby in india) before she got GC or after she got GC.

Thanks

Got GC, Do i need to stick with current employer for 6 months ?

I have got my GC on Jul 2011, Do i need to stick with my employer for 6 months after GC date ? If yes, Can i work on different company w-2 (for 40 hrs a week job) in addition with my current job ?

I'm also planning to start my own Inc and start working as independent consultant. Is there any restriction on working as Independent consultant for GC person ? (like maintaining same job category and roles & responsibilities, etc)

Details:

- Applied My 485 on Aug 2007
- Got GC on Jul 2011
- Applied 485 for my wife on Jul 2011

Thanks for your service!

Options to stay in US after I-20 expires for F1 student

Dear Rajiv
I am a student on F1 visa. My I20 is valid until Dec 23, 2011. By December, my course would be over. I do not have the option to apply for OPT as I had used that after my last masters degree in the US.
What are my options to stay in the US for a few months after Dec 23rd in order to continue to find a job; I have worked on H1B earlier (until march 2009) and used about 3 year 3 months of the maximum 6 years.
Thanks

Applying for parents GC

Dear Rajiv Ji:

I am US Citizen thinking about possibility of working overseas.

-Can I apply for GC for my both parents while I am overseas (e.g. at US embassy overseas) or do I need to be present in USA at time of applying for GC for my parents?
-Do I need to show income to be able to support my parents if they take up residence in US?
-Do I need to be living in and working for American company in USA in order to show such income? Or can I work overseas and show such overseas income?
-If I work overseas, then do I need to be working specifically for American company?

Thanks your tremendous help

affiDAVIT OF SUPPORT

My mom's interview back home today. I am a USC. When i filed papers to NVC my husband is still working, he lost his job. My income was not sufficient. I was informed that I have to get a new sponsor. I send her new affidavit of support (me and a friend) with the documents needed in I 864. During the interview she forget to give this new affidavit of support to the Interviewer. She was only asked who sponsored her, my address, that's it. She passed the interview.When she called me and told me that she passed the interview I asked her if she gave them the new documents, she said no and forgot to give it to them. I asked to go inside again to submit the documents, she was informed that she already passed the interview and not to worry about it. I am concerned, what happens now? What if they checked in a long run???/ Please help me I am so stressed!

N 400 Application

Hi
How should I answer part 10 Q 16 in N400?

I was put in removal procedings 4 years ago ( failure to register for NSEERS) when ICE sent me a letter to come and register, they questioned me, took my photo, fingerprints, issued a NTA with court date and release on own recogniziness. should I answer YES to the arrest, citation or detention question?

Regarding the traffic tickets, they say if its more than $500 we should document it. Does this include the court sure charges? for examble if a speeding ticket cost $ 200 and the court sure charges are $350 the total would be 550, should this be documented? also, if I get several traffic tickets in one stop and collectively were over $600, should I document these too?

BTW: the removal procedings was dismissed by the judge and I got my GC ( 2years and 9 months ago). now I am applying for citizenship.

Thank you