RECORDING available for download for March 26 Conference Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
H1 to H4 and H1 revoked

Hello Rajivji,

Thanks a lot for your great service.

I entered US on H4 and switched to H1 in Oct 2007. Due to some clerical error I didn't get the correct I94. My employer applied for ammendment and rcvd the ammended approval notice in Nov 2008.

Since Nov 2008, I did not get a project and decided that I should go back to India. I conveyed this to my employer.

He said he will revoke my H1 with an effective date of Oct 01, 2007 unless I pay up visa fee and more $s by Mar 31

My question is
1. Can the employer revoke H1 with an effective date prior to the current date?
2. If he does revoke my H1 by Apr 1, can I stay back till June 15 as my son has school till then? What kind of permission we need from USCIS to do this?
3. Can I apply for H1 to H4 COS and wait till June and leave?

I have no idea of returning to US in next 1 year. in that case

Should I apply for H4 visa soon as I go to India or is it good to wait for 6 months and try?

Please guide me .

Thanks and Regards.
Shylaja

h1-h4-h1

My H1b visa stamped on passport expires on 10th April. ( 6th year on H1b completed). I have an approved Labor and I140 that makes me eligible for h1 extension.

I am currently on H4 and am applying for a change of status to H1B with another employer this week.

1) Am I eligble to work with COS receipt or do I need to wait for approval of COS to H1.

Should I withdraw my old I-140

Hi, I had an I140 filed and approved sometime back using substitute labor that got approved and also filed I485 based on that in Jul 2007. I havent worked for that company yet. In the meantime, my I140 filed through the company ive been working for has been approved and i ported the priority date to them. now, if USCIS were to revisit my I140 or pending I485(where the Employment letter clearly states that this filing is based on a verbal future job offer), they issue an RFE and find out that ive never worked for that company as yet and may rescind the I140 and I485 resulting in my ported PD getting removed from my newly approved I140 also. what strategy can I use to circumvent this possibility. Shall I ask the previous employer to withdraw the previous I140 based on some other reason like lack of funds etc ... what should i do to port my I485 to my current employer too without any trace of the previous employer?

Hi Rajiv,

Question on Filing GC
----------------------

I am on L1 Visa and recently got married to US Green Card holder who can file for Citizenship in July 09 (Sep 09: Completing 5 years). My questions are.

1) Since we got married in India, Do we need to register our marriage here as well. We have a marriage certificate from India.
2) Should we inform INS office about our marriage now?
3) She should be filing for citizenship this july, is there anything important to mention in the application about the spouse who is on L1 Visa.
4) Once she becomes citizen, how long it takes for me to get the GC.

Last edited by a moderator:
H1 Visa rejected

Folks!
I had an interview for my H1-B visa renewal on 15th December. After waiting for almost 3 and half months I called the DOS and they said that my visa has been rejected. They said that since I dont have ample proof to show them that I would be coming back to India, they rejected my visa. They said that they would be sending me the steps for re-applying. Has anyone come across similar case. If yes, then can you please provide me steps for re-applying. Any help is
appreciated!

Regards,
Vipul

Deported Husband, Now what?!

My husband was deported back in July of 2008/ he came here Illegaly, was soppose to go to court once he came in but didnt. had a letter of deportation years later we met had kids got married and he was pulled over going to work.i have become a U.S citizen now on March 18, 2008. I had already field his I-130 in August in 2008 with no response yet. i just adjusted my statues over the phone this morning March 24, 2009. so whats my next step what do i do now? what forms do i need to send if any what am i waitting for and how long will i be waiting.? I dont know what to do.

thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.