Recommendation Letter - Selection Criteria

EB1_Slamdunk

Registered Users (C)
Dear All, I have a few questions on getting recommendation letters:

1. Do these letters need to be from very high-profile individuals? A former colleague of mine works for a mid-size organization but is not an executive. He can write a good letter for me. Will it work?

2. If a current colleague of mine, an executive and a PhD from Stanford, writes a letter, will it have any weight? I was told that current colleagues don't count as much. But the colleague I'm refeering to is quite distinguished inside and outside of my organization.

3. I know a few folks outside of my own organization who're fairly heavy-weight, have quality/substantial international work-ex or are US citizens but are from my own home country. Will their letters add weight?

Thanks.

EB1_Slamdunk

EB1_Slamdunk said:
Dear All, I have a few questions on getting recommendation letters:

1. Do these letters need to be from very high-profile individuals? A former colleague of mine works for a mid-size organization but is not an executive. He can write a good letter for me. Will it work?
2. If a current colleague of mine, an executive and a PhD from Stanford, writes a letter, will it have any weight? I was told that current colleagues don't count as much. But the colleague I'm refeering to is quite distinguished inside and outside of my organization.
3. I know a few folks outside of my own organization who're fairly heavy-weight, have quality/substantial international work-ex or are US citizens but are from my own home country. Will their letters add weight?
Thanks.
EB1_Slamdunk

Are they going to write that he was / is ur colleauge...then its not independent and USCIS is not that dumb to give weightage to that kind a letters. .............you have to analyse your packet potential.
if you have certain numbers of real independent letters then these letters can be used to coverup certain points of your petition.....but if they are main letters then...i will say no!!