Recommend Approval for Nunc Pro Tunc?

icq1980

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys. My fingerprints expired in Jan 2006 so I went ahead and did Biometrics in July 2006. Today I had my Nunc Pro Tunc interview. The AO just went through my I-589 application and check with me to see if everything was correct. So it's fairly straight forward. At the end, the AO gave me a Recommended Approval and the final approval and I-94 would not be mailed to me until the background check is cleared. Can anyone tell me how long it would wait? I would greatly appreciate it if anyone would share their experience with me. Thanks!

Mu NPT interview was conducted on 04/24/06 and the approval letter came in the mail on 05/08/06. Nothing was mentioned to me about the background check. Code 3 was still valid at the time. I hope you won't have to wait for too long. Good luck with you AOS!

The asylum office grants asylum in the exercise of discretion to an applicant who qualifies as a refugee under section 101(a)(42) of the INA and is not barred from relief under section 208(a)(2) or 208(b)(2) of the INA. The status of an applicant’s identity and security check determines whether an applicant receives either a Recommended Approval letter, an Asylum Approval letter, or, in the case of an applicant who is granted asylum based solely upon coercive family planning practices (CFP), a Conditional Grant letter.
8 CFR 208.14(b)
a. Recommended Approval The asylum office issues a recommended approval when (1) results of identity and
security checks for the P.A. and all dependent family members who require them are incomplete, or (2) when the AO has only a (((W-file or T-file.)))
The following is an outline of the documents, and the Form I-589 and RAPS updates associated with a recommended approval. Detailed instructions on how to prepare the documents can be found in Section IV, “How To …” of this Manual.
• Assessment to Grant (Appendix A 44)
• Recommended Approval letter (Appendix A 47 or 48)
• RAPS – PDEC of GR
• When updating “basis of the claim” section, enter the basis upon which the case is decided, rather than basis claimed by the applicant (if there is a difference).
• If the claim is based solely on coercive family planning (CFP) policies, place an “X” only next to “CFP;” however, if there is a ground in addition to CFP, place an “X” next to “CFP” and the other ground, so the case may proceed to final approval without a CFP final approval authorization number.
• I-589 – “FOR INS USE ONLY” section. If the form does not contain a space for a recommended approval, asylum office personnel write “recommended approval,” the asylum officer ID number (e.g., ZMI166), and the date of the decision.
• RAPS – DINT for service of decision letter
b. Conditional Grant
The asylum approval issues a conditional grant when the asylum claim is based solely on coercive family planning (CFP) practices, the results of all required identity and security checks for the P.A. and all dependent family members are current and complete and allow for an approval, and a CFP Authorization Number is not available.
The following is an outline of the documents, and the Form I-589 and RAPS updates associated with a conditional grant. Detailed instructions on how to prepare the documents can be found in Section IV, “How To…” of this Manual.
• Conditional Grant letter (Appendix A 11)
• Asylum and NACARA § 203 Background Identity and Security Checklist
• RAPS – PDEC of GC
• When updating “basis of the claim” section, place an “X” next to “CFP” only. If another ground applies, the case is not properly a conditional grant and should proceed to final approval.
• I-589 -“FOR INS USE ONLY” section. Asylum office personnel write in the decision area “conditional grant,” the asylum officer ID number, and the date of the decision.
c. Asylum Approval
The asylum office issues an asylum approval when: (1) results of all required identity and security checks for the P.A. and all dependent family members are current and complete and allow for an approval and (2) the case is not granted solely on CFP or the asylum office has received a CFP final approval authorization number for a case that is granted solely on CFP.
See Section III(B)(4) on CFP cases.
For more information on CFP, see Section III(B)(4).
The following is an outline of the documents, and the Form I-589 and RAPS updates associated with an asylum approval. Detailed instructions on how to prepare the
documents can be found in Section IV, “How To…” of this Manual.
• Asylum Approval letter (Appendix A 16, A 49, or A 50)
• I-94 card
• Asylum and NACARA § 203 Background Identity and Security Checklist
• RAPS – FDEC of G1
• When updating “basis of the claim” section, enter the basis upon which the case is decided, rather than basis claimed by the applicant (if there is a difference).
• If the claim is being granted after a conditional grant based solely on coercive family planning (CFP) policies, place an “X” next to the CFP ground only.
• I-589 -“FOR INS USE ONLY” section. Asylum office personnel complete the appropriate area(s) of this section, indicating a final approval, date, and asylum officer ID number.

acorrding to those section,supose u should get asylum appvoal but recommen one.......