recom letter from the supervisor who has left

okla

Registered Users (C)
My supervisor, also the research director of our institute, left for another research institute. He will be the research director over there also. I would like to ask him to write a recommendation letter for my NIW application. If he states in the letter "the research projects will be adversely affected if he could not get the immigration visa through NIW", is the CIS going to say "Oh, you can leave, why not him?". If so, should I avoid a letter from him?

okla said:
My supervisor, also the research director of our institute, left for another research institute. He will be the research director over there also. I would like to ask him to write a recommendation letter for my NIW application. If he states in the letter "the research projects will be adversely affected if he could not get the immigration visa through NIW", is the CIS going to say "Oh, you can leave, why not him?". If so, should I avoid a letter from him?

You have the wrong focus. The research projects are not adversely affected. America/American people would be adversly affected.

Brian

okla said:

NIW petition is mainly based on proving three basic points
proving nations interest
proving Intrinsic merit of work
and explaination of avoiding Labor certification

It essentially also need you to prove that you are top 1-2% (main criteria for OR).

Now if your X supervisor gives you letter stating all these and you prove that suitable explainations in your cover letter. Then the issue that he has left institute gets diluted.
On the other hand on this issue prove that you are more important than anyone else to accomplish the objective of nations interest (based on your expertise) .......

Last edited by a moderator:
so are you saying that just 1 strong letter with NI is good enough

eb1doc said:
NIW petition is mainly based on proving three basic points
proving nations interest
proving Intrinsic merit of work
and explaination of avoiding Labor certification

It essentially also need you to prove that you are top 1-2% (main criteria for OR).

Now if your X supervisor gives you letter stating all these and you prove that suitable explainations in your cover letter. Then the issue that he has left institute gets diluted.
On the other hand on this issue prove that you are more important than anyone else to accomplish the objective of nations interest (based on your expertise) .......

Well, I was certainly not saying that. I was just talking for this particular refree point of view!!!For NIW opr OR major responsibilities lies on these letters so getting good letters covering all aspects is important.