Recently I have seen I-485 approvals 3-5 weeks after FP taken.

Kevin65221

Registered Users (C)
any body who had Fp done more than 8 weeks still have not got approvals?
let\'s track it here. i just had mine done and can\'t wait for it to be approved. this has been too long and i am really tired. what a distraction for last 3 years.

No Title

Hi Kevin
My FP was done on January 30th, 2001 and I am still waiting for approval. (completed 4 weeks today).

PD - 9/99; I-140 approved - 07/00; I-485 ND 10/00 ; FP done 01/30/01 ; Center: CSC.

Sriram.

No Title

Hi, Sriram,

did you check your FP status with FBI and INS after FP taken as Ciba and some others advised?

No Title

Hi Kevin
Yes I did. It is absolutely essential to check with FBI and see whether it has
been successfully processed. You can check with them 2 to 3 days after the FP is done.

Sriram

No Title

It sounds like the entire process is based on chaos and randomness. I cannot detect any patterns with what\'s happening except to say that they seem to be faster now than in recent history.

I\'m seeing people get their EAD before the FP notice. People who applied in Jan, gettin FP notices in Feb (like me), but nothing on the EAD/AP or even a receipt for the I-485. On the other hand, people who submitted applications a long time ago still haven\'t received their FP notices, let alone actually doing the FP itself.

No Title

SriRam,
Can you please tell, what is contact number and the information we have to tell them for getting status of our FP status

Thanks,
Ak

No Title

Hi
The FBI # is (304)625-5590. Option 4.
A FBI agent will come on line and will ask you questions like
A# which is there in your FP notice, date FP was taken.
He/She would tell whether the FP was successful or not.

Sriram

No Title

I am still waiting for approval - My stats

I-485 RD 08/16/00
FP done on 11/01/00
EAD Approved , AP approved
Still waiting to hear about my I-485 approval

No Title

I just called the FBI myself. My fingerprints were done 3/3 and the FBI told me that they were successful in processing them on 3/4.

No Title

FP done on 10/27/00 and still waiting.
EB2 INDIA
PD-07/99
485ND-09/28/00
EAD/AP Approved
STILL WAITING FOR 485 Approval......

No Title

my FP done 2/9/01 and still waiting. not much compared to others waiting from oct 00. "unclesam99" have you talked lately to iio regarding the situation.
I feel that people with older PD are being scrutinised for it. Plus also if your EAD and AP is approved you have lesser chance of getting your 485 approvals. This is prob. a money saving tactic - they charge for the ead and ap but approve your 485. I would not mind paying them couple hundred more to get it approved in a week of FP.

You could try a local congressman\'s office. you can prob. use ciba\'s excellent tracking list as a reference. the congressmans office would be more willing if you tell them that INS is processing cases in random order and that cases filed later have been approved. I did this for my LC (i could not bear to take it after waiting for 3 years) and got it approved in 2 weeks.

Good Luck