Recent experience with family-based immigration application at NBC?

bigclaw

Registered Users (C)
Hello, has anybody had any recent experience (i.e. after 2005) with direct-mailing family-based immigration applications to the Chicago lockbox (NBC)?

I mailed my I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 application package on 2/14/2005, and the post office's tracking website indicated it was picked up on 2/16/2005. However, to date I have not received any communication from USCIS. My checks have not been cashed either.

Not even the green postal return receipt has come back to me yet. Interestingly, my only other lost green return receipt was also to INS several years ago, but that application was received and processed successfully anyway.

Anybody have any experience how soon NBC responds (with anything) to such a package?

bigclaw said:
Hello, has anybody had any recent experience (i.e. after 2005) with direct-mailing family-based immigration applications to the Chicago lockbox (NBC)?

I mailed my I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 application package on 2/14/2005, and the post office's tracking website indicated it was picked up on 2/16/2005. However, to date I have not received any communication from USCIS. My checks have not been cashed either.

Not even the green postal return receipt has come back to me yet. Interestingly, my only other lost green return receipt was also to INS several years ago, but that application was received and processed successfully anyway.

Anybody have any experience how soon NBC responds (with anything) to such a package?
Have some patience. Usually the response come within no more than a month. You should be fine if all docs are in order and filled in correctly with the proper fees. A friend of mine did that early this year through the new procedure, and got not only the Notices but the EAD within a month and half.

Thanks for the reply.

That the Texas Service Center processed my wife's OPT EAD super-fast leads us to worry why NBC is not responding at all. :)

In that case, her USCIS notice reached us before the postal return receipt. I think we received the EAD card within a month. :)

If only all USCIS processes could be this smooth....

Bigclaw,

I filed the exact same paperwork as you did - mailed on the February 17th, and I received the delivery confirmation last week - it was delivered on the 22nd.

I haven't received any receipt notice yet, neither have my checks been cashed yet.

Post an update when you do hear from them, and I'll do the same as well.

Good luck!

I'm planning to send applications to Chicago Lock Box this weekend. (GC through marriage to US Citizen)

I'll post all update details, as well.

Good Luck!

** I have a quick question. Did you write USCIS or Department of Homeland Security on the check for Form I-765 as a Payee? I'm not quite sure about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
on the same boat

I fedexed my stuff Feb 28. Still have not heard anything from the NBC. I applied through my wife a USC. I will keep you guys posted.

Hi,

I sent my paperwork on Jan18th 2005 and received NOA on Feb 11th 2005.

My current status is as follows

Mailed Jan 18th 2005
NOA FEB 10th 2005
BIO and FP March 2nd 2005 (walk-in done in Atlanta)

I had a RFE for my I-485 on FEB 18th 2005 send the response back and the status was updated as of March 8th. the status says as my application has gone through prelimary check it would not take more than 180 days to process. My DO is Philly.

thanks

I just checked my I-485 status online and it has been updated with the receipt of Finger print information as of March 9th 2005 and my case processing has resumed for I-485/I-130

My DO is Atlanta, GA, btw. It seems it takes more than 2 years for AOS for us anyway.

No NOA from NBC yet. To at least get some verification back, I'm going to request a duplicate green return receipt with the post office soon.

vroom said:
Hi,

I sent my paperwork on Jan18th 2005 and received NOA on Feb 11th 2005.

My current status is as follows

Mailed Jan 18th 2005
NOA FEB 10th 2005
BIO and FP March 2nd 2005 (walk-in done in Atlanta)

I had a RFE for my I-485 on FEB 18th 2005 send the response back and the status was updated as of March 8th. the status says as my application has gone through prelimary check it would not take more than 180 days to process. My DO is Philly.

thanks

Can you please share what was the RFE for..?
I have my DORA interview on March 15....(in Dallas)
applying 130/485 marriage to USC

creamcheese said:
I'm planning to send applications to Chicago Lock Box this weekend. (GC through marriage to US Citizen)

I'll post all update details, as well.

Good Luck!

** I have a quick question. Did you write USCIS or Department of Homeland Security on the check for Form I-765 as a Payee? I'm not quite sure about it.

Checks for all applications are written out to USCIS.

kenmw

N400 applicant said:
Can you please share what was the RFE for..?
I have my DORA interview on March 15....(in Dallas)
applying 130/485 marriage to USC

According to them my Marriage certificate was missing with my paperwork, I had to resend it

Bigclaw....Did you receive the EAD within a month.

I filed I130;I765;I485 from NJ. Received notice in two weeks.

I am anxious to get my EAD. My notice date is March 2nd, They received it on Feb 14th 2005. The notice came from Lee's Summit, MO.

Where did you card/Notice come from?

Hello, I have received nothing, not even the post office's green return receipt. The USPS online tracking page says the package was delivered on 2/16/2005.

Hmm, I did file I-131 (Advance parole). I wonder if that's holding other applications up... :-(

Hello, any of you that recently obtained a green postal return receipt from the Chicago lockbox, did it contain a personal signature or a USCIS stamp as the signature?

I checked with the post office today; they produced a scanned signature by the name of Gary Poe? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
So yours was stamped with a person's name? Mine was definitely signed by a person, it looks like. :(

I submitted 130,485,765 at 3 March

Hi dear all,

I also will report my case here. I submitted at 3 March. Someone said 45 days to get EAD? is that right? I need to go to interview or fingerprint before I get the card? Thank you so much.

nkllee said:
Hi dear all,

I also will report my case here. I submitted at 3 March. Someone said 45 days to get EAD? is that right? I need to go to interview or fingerprint before I get the card? Thank you so much.

You will get a notice for biometrics and finger printing (I-765 and I-130/I485). you need to call the number listed in the notice and make an appointment for BIo and FP. The current appointment timelines for Philly is more than 30 days to get your Bio and FP done.