Recent EAD and AP Filers:

gheewalabhai888

Registered Users (C)
Do we need to include the following. I read someone said the following are mandatory now:

(FOR RENEWAL(not concurrent filing))

1. passport's two pages.

2. I-140 (if I-485 then do they still want I-140?)

3. And COLOR copy of Driver's lincense? (why not black and white?)

Is the fee still $120 for EAD and $110 for AP?
Thanks.

Documents required for EAD renewal

My EAD renewal was just approved.

I applied by mail with the following documents:
1) Copy of latest I94.
2) Black and White Copy of current EAD
3) Black and White copy of Drivers Licence
4) Check for $120.

I asked my attorney's assistant if a copy of I140 was required and she specifically said no.

(However I feel it's safer to use color copies, after reading some postings.)

Yes............

According to my lawyer these things are mandetory now a a days for identifications.

I had filed my EAD and AP on 5/29 got RFE on both of them

1. COLOR Copies of Passport (I sent all pages but blanks.. Normally pages with your address and photos might be O.K.)

2. COLOR Copies of Driver's License.

I am not sure about your item number 2.(Copy of I-140)

As far as color prints are concerned , I think it gives more idea of any mark, shade etc.

I have applied for my EAD through the traditional route after I was unsuccessful in getting through E-filing. I submitted the following documents.

1. I-765
2. Copy of existing EAD (Front and back)
3. Copy of I-140 (Approval notice)
4. Copy of I-485 (Receipt Notice)
5. Copy of I-94 (Front and back)
6. Copy of Drivers Licence (Front and Back---BW)
7. 2 immigration pictures (profile)
8. Check for $120 made out to BCIS (Did this after i spoke to NCSC at their 1-800 number)
9. A covering letter requesting them for the renewal.

I feel this is good enough documentation. I have sent the application on 09/19/03. I will keep the forum updated if there is any progress in this regard.

Regards,

Ghee.

I recently sent in my AP renewal.

I included the following items with my application

1. Color Copy of driver's license
2. Copy of the passport pages showing ID info and last visa
3. I-140 Copy.

My wife got an RFE for EAD renewal.

RFE requested :

Copy of I-140 for the primary
Color Pictures for ID, Drivers license will do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you everybody. Seems like it is safer

to use color copies for Driver's licence and few pages of the passport.

Is AP still charging $110?

Why would a copy of the driver's license be required ? The BCIS never requires it. I applied for (and was approved) the EAD without any copy of driver's license.

When it was happened?

Now a days there is RFE regarding this.
You are lucky. But now they are asking in most of the cases.

Thanks
Achal

It is totally confusing, I guess different lawyers are following different standards my lawyer asked for following:

1. Copy of D/L
2. Visa Page of Passport
3. Copy of EAD card
4. 2 Photographs.

She filed it just last week. Let's see if there will be any RFE regarding this.

I think you will not get any RFE since you have already submitted D/L Copy and Visa Copy of Passport.

I don't think CIS will ask for copy of your photograph on passport.

These things are just for identifications, nothing else.

In my case I had not sent those, so after RFE, sent everything.

Good Luck.

Thanks Achal,

This is reassuring. I already have a bag full of frustration, and don't need another in the form of RFE for EAD.

I think I will skip passport

pages portion. In the last two EADs and APs I didn't include them and they are more like for identification in case there is no driver's license available. Seems like there is variety of opinions regarding passport copy.

I e-filed for my frist EAD (not renewal), then went to ASC for photo, and sent supporting documents by fedex. Got approval in 98 days (slower than paper filers who filed around the same dates)

I sent the following docs.

Printout from E-flied application
Photocopy of I-485 Receipt
Photocopy of I-140 Approval Notice
I-94 Photocopy (front and back)
Passport ID pages (B&W)
2 Photographs

3 rd EAD and AP docs

ghee,
Is it your 3 rd EAD and AP.? Just four days back my lawyer filled application for third EAD and AP. I am not sure how many EADs and APs we need to apply with Neberaska?

waiting_4_485

EAD Question...

I saw this thread and thought one of you might have an answer. The question is I appied for my EAD in August, my H-1 will expire in October, will there be any problems in my continuing to work after october? BCSI website says it takes 90-120 days for this case...and I was told I am since I applied before my H1 expired. Any suggestions or information will be appreciated.

thanks

Ghee,

Ur RD is somewhere in Feb, r u planning to file ur EAD 4 months prior to ur EAD being expired?

Tx in advance

New EAD received

I applied for EAD renewal on 07/22/03.
It was approved on 09/17/03.
I received the card itself on 09/22/03 (exactly 2 months). I was surprised to see that it's approved for a year from November 17th, so I won't lose 2 months because of the early approval. Although, I hope I won't need the full year, since my I-485 ND is 03/22/2002. But who knows. All I want to say is INS-Nebraska did a good job in this case (I hope nobody gets mad at me for saying this).

Hello dravisha

Did you applied online or by Mail. I have applied online on 07/11/2003. No news yet.

Hi Kilaru,

I applied by mail. One different thing in my case was, I had got my first EAD from the Local INS office. They have since then stopped accepting applications for EAD renewal. I am not sure if that mattered (actually I thought that was going to be a hassle).