Receiving green card

j4gc

Registered Users (C)
Pls i want to know how many days it takes to actually received green card in mail after approval, The Welcome letter says three weeks, but am planning travelling in two weeks time, will i be lucky to get it before travelling overseas?

I got it in less than a week, but you can always go to your local district office and have your passport stamped for international travel.

I havent received the card production letter yet, i only receievd welcome to America letter stating that my Adjustment of status has been approved.I check my online statues, it still the same, its hasnt yet shown that my case has been approve. I pray i get my card in the mail next week.

I applied for my mother-in-law and got an approval (welcome notice) from USCIS since nov 14, 2008. its now march 2009 and still no card. I file form I-90 no fee as per instructions from USCIS now they are asking to file another I-90 with the fee. This sounds like a scam cause they are claiming that the greencard was issued on nov. 24 and the local post office is not holding any undelivered mail for my mother in-law. all other documents and notices arrives on the same address but not the green card.

do you guys have any other suggestions besides going to the nearest USCIS office and deal with them?

I received the approval notice, but not the welcome notice. Mine says something like the card production or appointment for bio informatics shall arrive within 90 days. It is difference from the usual welcome notice, (my son got the welcome notice, and he got his card within a week).
Anybody has the similar experience?