Receiving Green Card after entering the USA

SivaSepehry

Hi,
My aunt applied for my parents green card in 2004. On January 2019 my mom received her visa and after she entered the USA, her green card was delivered within less than a month. However my dad case was on “administrative processing” up until Nov 2022 but he finally got his visa end of November. He flew to the USA on Dec 3rd but after 60 days he hasn’t received his green card yet. On USCIS website it says it might take up to 90 days for the green card to be delivered. My dad visa is good until May 7th but I was wondering if we currently need to do anything.
I would appreciate if anyone can answer this.

First of all, if he's worried about proving his status, his immigrant visa, upon entry, automatically became an I-551 (equivalent to a green card, which is also an I-551) for 1 year after entry. So he should not worry about not having proof of permanent residency until Dec 3 of this year. (The immigrant visa's expiration date is irrelevant. Immigrant visas are single-use, so the visa is invalid after entry anyway. But the I-551 it has turned into is valid until 1 year after his date of entry.)

Second, has he paid the $220 immigrant fee?

Thank you for your reply.
Yes all the application fees are paid.
However regarding the single entry visa you mentioned, my dad because he thought his visa is good until May 2023, went back to Iran and his flight back to USA is on April. If he doesn’t receive his green card by then, can he still enter the USA?

Thank you for your reply.
Yes all the application fees are paid.
However regarding the single entry visa you mentioned, my dad because he thought his visa is good until May 2023, went back to Iran and his flight back to USA is on April. If he doesn’t receive his green card by then, can he still enter the USA?
Yes. Like I said, that immigrant visa turned into an I-551 (equivalent to a green card) good until December 3, 2023 (one year after his entry), due to the line on the visa that says "upon endorsement serves as temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year". He should tell the airline that he has a temporary green card, not a "visa".

Yes. Like I said, that immigrant visa turned into an I-551 (equivalent to a green card) good until December 3, 2023 (one year after his entry), due to the line on the visa that says "upon endorsement serves as temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year". He should tell the airline that he has a temporary green card, not a "visa".
Thank you.
Do you have any idea why it’s been 60 days and he hasn’t received his green card?
Also is there anything we need to do at this point?