Received wrong fax

I received a fax from BCIS, TSC for someone else. This is for an I-539 form, requesting for additional evidence. I thought I will inform BCIS about this mistake and called the 800 number. The lady asked me to return the fax to TSC stating that this telephone number does not belong to this person.

I really don’t know whether to send the fax or just keep quit. I don’t want them to flag my telephone as invalid which might result some problem for already delayed I-485 at VSC.

Any suggestions?

why would informing TSC that the phone number not belonging to her flags your phone no as invalid. it would flag as her phone no as invalid.

probably best call tsc and inform those customer reps that the eac # / src # does not match up with the phone no. for all we know, tsc may have fat fingered the phone number and this lady may be waiting for rfe or may not know about the rfe. but it's odd that tsc is actually faxing rfe request. you don't have to provide your case number, so doubt that it will cause problems.

just my 2 cents. cheers mate.

Originally posted by whats_in_name
I received a fax from BCIS, TSC for someone else. This is for an I-539 form, requesting for additional evidence. I thought I will inform BCIS about this mistake and called the 800 number. The lady asked me to return the fax to TSC stating that this telephone number does not belong to this person.

I really don’t know whether to send the fax or just keep quit. I don’t want them to flag my telephone as invalid which might result some problem for already delayed I-485 at VSC.

Any suggestions?

GO ahead and Inform USCIS. Don't hesitate to call NCSC and inform this since you call might really help the actual intended recepient of that fax.

Thanks for your suggestions.

I faxed the document back to the number from where I had originally received it, stating that the person does not live here. I wish they had mentioned his address or telephone number, I would have directly contacted him. Poor guy.

may be you can post his name here & he will give you his number?
do not disclose the deytails.

my 2 cents

here is the application detail:

src-03-131-52XXX

Application Type: I539, APPLICATION TO EXTEND OR CHANGE NONIMMIGRANT STATUS

Current Status:

On July 1, 2003, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice. Please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours.