Received notice for FP2 Oct2002 case

roughy

Registered Users (C)
Today I received the notice for 2nd fp for me and my wife.
Notice date is oct 15th 2002.
I have a question for the gurus here. When I filed 485 I got the birth certificates from indian embassy and submitted them. Is there a possibility of getting a RFE after 2nd FP or the notice of 2nd FP indicates I am okay for approval.

roughy said:
I have a question for the gurus here. When I filed 485 I got the birth certificates from indian embassy and submitted them. Is there a possibility of getting a RFE after 2nd FP or the notice of 2nd FP indicates I am okay for approval.

An RFE can be requested anytime so dont count on it. I am not sure if u could get RFE for birth certificates.

roughy said:
How did you get Birth Certificate from Indian embassy? Is there a number I can call or a form to be filled up. I have applied for my 485 using Affidavits from family and Non-Availability Certificate, but want to keep the birth certificates handy Just In Case. :D

Your non-availabilty cert w/ affidavits are more powerful than Indian Embassy issued birth certs. You can get the info by visiting Indian consulate websites.
dazzling said:
How did you get Birth Certificate from Indian embassy? Is there a number I can call or a form to be filled up. I have applied for my 485 using Affidavits from family and Non-Availability Certificate, but want to keep the birth certificates handy Just In Case. :D

There were some RFE's before for embassy issued birth certs. As in any case, RFEs are not common or uniform for every one even with similar cases.

So I would not worry about it right now, as CIS is trying to reduce no. of RFEs issued.

roughy said:
When I filed 485 I got the birth certificates from indian embassy and submitted them. Is there a possibility of getting a RFE after 2nd FP or the notice of 2nd FP indicates I am okay for approval.

-Sanga.

roughy said:

In all probability, you will get RFE. Getting FP2 does not mean that your file is ready for adjudication (sorry, there are no fixed rules in INS). We have seen in several cases that they don't accept the birth certificate issued by the embassy. So get affadavits from your parents or relatives and be ready with the documents.