Received Finger Prints Notice

LIN04

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,
I have received Finger Prints Notice in mail today. The appointment is scheduled for Nov 27th. Does this mean anything in lieu of my pending MTR/Appeal. The reason my 140 was denied is the Salary Diff of around 30K between H1 and Labor.

Service Center: NSC
I140 RD: 01/27/2004
I140 RFE: 04/28/2004
I140 RFE reply sent: 06/30/2004
I140 Denied: 09/13/2004
MTR/Appeal filed sometime in September! (I haven't received any receipt notice)
I485/EAD/AP RD: May 19 2004
Seventh Year extension filed: 04/28/2004
Seventh Year denied based on I-140 Denial
No EAD..No AP...Yet!

You would be right. It has to do with your MTR. Was your I140 denied bcos of the difference in H1 and labor salary?. Did you actually read the denial letter from USCIS, what did it actually say?. I would think labor/GC has nothing to do with H1B and thats what I have heard from my attorney who is a very respected one in the industry.

Re: FP Notices

I haven't recvd a FP notice but I wanted to find out that do you receive FP notices with a specific date on which you are supposed to go and get your Fingerprinting done or do you call up somebody and fix a date for your fingerprinting. The reason to ask this question is because I am going to India in the month of January and I dont know what I will do if I receive notices to get FP done during that time.

Thanks,

Well I did not see the actual notice, but this is what my company told me. Lemme find out! Thanks for your reply!

Shah007,
After you apply for the Finger Prints, the USCIS will direct the local office to schedule an appointment, based on their availabilty the local office will fix a date for you. You can postpone the date after you receive the FP but you may not be able to talk to them before that. This is my understanding...

Lin04

i have doubts about the reason for your 140 denial. which type 140 did you apply? if you labor department has approved your case, you should not have any problem with salary diff in 140 app. the min. salary requirement only means that's the right amount your boss promised to give to you once your immigration status is granted.

LIN04:

Thanks for your reply. However, now I am a bit confused. You stated that 'After you apply for the Finger Prints.....'. How and where would I apply for finger prints. Could you please explain me the entire procedure for finger printing (in a nutshell)?

Thanks,