Received Card Prod ordered message

mailsunnydeol

Registered Users (C)
I received couple of email messages from USCIS saying "Card Production ordered" on both mine and my wife's I-485. Its been a long journey but finally got the good news.

Here is my long story short:
I had come to US in 1997 on a F1 visa. Graduated with honors in 1999. Started working thereafter when the market was at its peek. Around end of 2000 and early 2001, the market started sliding down. I moved to a different job in the hope that the next job will be more in line with what I want out of my career. Filing for Green Card was still not in my thought. I assumed (based on the conditions at that time) that getting GC is something as easy as filling in an application. Finally decided to file for my GC at the end of 2001. My case was stuck in labor processing. I got married in 2002. Moved to a different job. Restarted my GC application in 2003. And this took its own sweet time for every phase. Labor got approved in Oct 2005. Filed for my I-140 in Nov 2005. It was approved in July 2007. Filed for my I-485 in Aug 2007 (during the visa fiasco). Around Aug 2008, my lawyer mentioned that my I-140 was approved in the wrong category (EB3 instead of EB2). Lawyer sent mails to USCIS but with no luck. USCIS did not accept the reasoning. My lawyer suggested to file a new I-140 in EB2 category and request for PD porting. Had no other option but to go with it. Was pretty mad with the outcome and was frustrated. Filed new I-140 in EB2 category in Aug 2008. There was no premium option available at that time. I-140 got approved in March 2009. Priority dates kept jumping backward and forward. But I sensed it should be near. Finally received a Card Production ordered on Aug 3, 2009. Now I am waiting for the actual cards to show up in my mail.

All through this journey, I got immense support from lot of people on this forum. I hope and pray that your GC journey comes to a happy ending soon.

Progress so far:
Aug 3: Card Production Ordered email received
Aug 6: Approval Notice Sent email received
Aug 7: Welcome Notice Received by Lawyer

Progress so far:
Aug 3: Card Production Ordered email received
Aug 6: Approval Notice Sent email received
Aug 7: Welcome Notice Received by Lawyer and courtesy copy by me
Aug 8: Received the Green Cards in mail (for me and my wife)