Received 2nd fp notice

dengdeng

Registered Users (C)
I have received 2nd fp notice today! With the help of local congressman, I finally got the notice. It takes exactly 4 weeks from day of the initial inquiry(same for forum123 and other ppl
). The notice was issued on 9/11, yeah 911. The scheduled date is 10/10. but I'm going to try early fp this Saturday.

Now I have a question, my spouse has mailed his passport to Indian embassy for a visiting visa. Do you have to bring passport for fingerprinting? On the notice, it says passport, driver license..... can I use driver license, or EAD as photo identification?

If you haven't received FP notice(Nov/Dec/Jan RD), contact congressman/senator to help you. They can get it for you.

I think you can do FP on driver license. Last year when I went for FP he asked me just license. Even though i had Passport they did not ask for that.

Get ready for Approval

deng deng

I think drivers licence will be okay. As they need only photo identification. I carried only drivers licence and it worked. You may carry EAD also if needed. You may call that office and check. If you are in CA bay area let me know i will tell you the office who will allow early FP

dengdeng,

Wow, finally you got your 2nd FP notice. Conratulation!
It's proved again that the contact of a local congessman office would be helpful for the cases with no-movement for long time like Nov. & Dec. filers. Yes,it's your idea.

I am still waiting for my 2nd FP notice.
I contacted NJ Senator Jon S. Corzine during the last week of July 2003 (same time my 1st FP expired). I got reply from Senator's office that BCIS will schedule my 2nd FP within 30 to 60 days during the last week of August 2003.
Still waiting for 2nd FP...

congrats man, I am very happy for your 2nd FP, approval is at the corner. I hope I will also get my 2nd FP sometime someday

It's good to receive the 2nd FP - one step further to GC. It would have been better if you received approval notice.

Good luck.

Finally you got it. I think contacting congress person or doing a status enquiry helps a lot. Now that a lot of people have got their FP done, what will speed up your approval?

congrats!!

did you contact senator kerry or anybody else as well

how long it took after you initially talked with them..

and what info they asked you , just the receipt no a# etc or do you need to provide the copy of receipt etc ..

thanks for the information..

dengdeng:
you finally got it.. congrats..
you can use license for ID, no problems. I remember you are from Boston. right?

Congratulations

Deng Deng,
It's nice to know that BCIS is finally thinking of us December 2001 filers. My 2nd FP is scheduled for October 14, but I plan on going next week (I am also from Boston).

I hope that I get my Green Card this year. This way, I can spend New Year's in Montreal without spending $ on a Canadian visa.

RD 12/18/01
1st FP 03/07/02
RFE Received 07/03/03

Originally posted by dengdeng
Now I have a question, my spouse has mailed his passport to Indian embassy for a visiting visa.
Wish you good luck dengdeng. Are you a female ? I thought that you are a male.

This post says:-
Now I have a question, my spouse has mailed his passport to Indian embassy for a visiting visa.

An earlier post said:-
Frustration of contacting NCSC - Mr. Deng of Massachusetts had a frustrating experience in contacting NCSC, the newly established customer service for applicants to get case status. Mr Deng had a Dec/2001 RD case, which has been pending for nearly two years. Mr Deng called NCSC

It is difficult to determine the sex of Mrs. / Mr Deng by these posts. :confused:

However how does it matter ? Deng is an intelligent and helpful person. :)