Received 2nd FP Notice

ManishR

Registered Users (C)
I've received my 2nd FP notice scheduled on 08/08/03. The notice was generated just after 15 months of my 1st FP. My 1st FP was done at Pittsburgh but currently, I'm in Richmond, VA. I had changed my address several months ago and BCIS know my new address but according to 2nd FP notice I've to go to Pittsburgh BCIS. My question is

1. Can I go to Norfolk (local) BCIS office to complete my 2nd FP ?
2. Can I go to Norfolk BCIS before scheduled date ?

Thanks

Go to your local INS office and check whether your address really got changed or not. They will guide you what to do?

Go to your local INS, explain that you asked that your address be changed. Take proof of whatever documents you have. Convince them change your address. Then tell them that you have to do your fingerprinting again. Keep smiling as you talk to them and do as if it is a no big deal. Use whatever Americanism you have learnt so far.

It all depends on the individual and the local service center. Get the picture? Wish you the best of luck !

it also happened to me. They have my new address. but, they sent the second FP notice to old address. In my case, the second FP ia at the same office, so no problems for me....

It's a 50:50. U have no choice, give a try at the current place.
As vashi17 said, just hand over the FP notice, and if all is well, you would be fine..If asked, explain, in a nice way about the address change,[try not 2 complain on INS,for the first time about this :) ] and you should be fine..!
Good Luck

They have my new address and they send FP notice to my new address but no idea why they have written Pittsburgh BCIS address. Also, according to my attorney, I can go to local BCIS for 2nd FP but I can't take risk to go before scheduled date because local (Norfolk) office is 105 miles away from my home.

There seems to be a bug in the BCIS system. The system should select the nearest local center address. When the address changed, the system still looked up the original old address.

I will write about this to the BCIS so that they can review their system. It might help many others who are in the same boat if fixed. The only problem is will BCIS even read or understand the problem?

I did my first fingerprinting in Norfolk - the people there were really very nice and I do not think that they will make you any troubles (they allowed me to do my fingerprinting earlier without any question). You are lucky that you moved to that area. I am sure they will take your fingerprints without any problems. I am expecting my second fingerprinting notice soon but I moved away from Virginia to California - based on your experience it is likely that they will invite me for fingerprints in Norfolk.

RD 11/28/2001
1st FP 6/15/2002