Receipt with Exception

Vishnu2003

Registered Users (C)
I submitted my N-400 Application on Jan 24 th and received receipt notice today with priority date as Jan 29 th.

It says my "Receipt with Exception" and also states that the application has been received with missing evidence that I need to provide during Intreview. And It seems I'll receive another mail about the necessary evidences, instructs not to submit any evidence through mail.

Has anyone had similar experience?
Is this cause of a problem?

-Thanks

Do a quick search for exception, you should find similar cases, it is not always the case that people who had the same situation stick around to answer questions. The search tool is your best friend. Off the top of my head I think in some other case it was traffic ticket information that was missing. Did you mention anything about traffic tickets?

My 2 cents.

Yes I did mention traffic ticket and attached a "certified disposition" from court.

Thanks for your response

means really nothing unless they ask you for something specific. My wife had the same comment in her recepit letter - she had declared her traffic ticket. The interview letter asked for nothing.
IO asked for original tt and payment receipt, kept the originals and that was it

Vishnu2003 said:
I submitted my N-400 Application on Jan 24 th and received receipt notice today with priority date as Jan 29 th.

It says my "Receipt with Exception" and also states that the application has been received with missing evidence that I need to provide during Intreview. And It seems I'll receive another mail about the necessary evidences, instructs not to submit any evidence through mail.

You don't have to worry at all. Whatever missing evidence is will be notified to you in advance. All you will have to do is take those with you at the interview.

Vishnu2003 said:

-Thanks

Hello,
I have mentioned a traffic ticket on my application, and I got the same letter, just make sure when you go to your interview you have evidence of you paid that ticket ….. Its stander letter, NOTHING to worry about…

Wish you the best of luck

Vishnu your PD is same as ours

Which Service Center is your app in ?

Did you get your FP notice ? If so what date was it ?

-S

It will generally mean you haven't sent everything on the check list or you haven't sent in enough showing your residence status etc. Not sure about employeer to Citizen path, but marriage based ones, you need to prove you've been living with your spouse the entire time or send in a divorce decree. I've heard of this happening when they haven't recieved enough supporting evidence of US residency (Bills datating back to the start of your Green Card).

Now not sure if yours is marriage based or not, but I can say if it's just a traffic ticket that didn't involve drugs or alchohol and is under $500 then they won't even bother with that. So look through the checklist again and see if maybe you forgot something. Can't recall off hand all the stuff they need and it may be different from marriage based citizenship to employer based, but some are:

Copy of your greencard (Front and back), drivers licence, proof of residency in the US (best to submit bills from when you got your Green Card to the present and not just the last months bills), rental or house ownership agreements and papers etc. These were just a few I recalled off the top of my head...

My Application was employer based. I sent all the documents specified in naturalization guide checklist that fits my profile. I think its due to the tt.

Yes I got my fp notice, its on Feb 27 th at Sacramento.

-Thanks