• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

receipt of uscis elis immigrant fee

manoncar

Registered Users (C)
i have already paid the immigrant fee for me and my wife and i wanted to know if i USCIS send receipt in an email. how long does it take for them to send the receipt because its already been about 6 days since i paid the fee.

are they going to send it in the email? please explain anybody. i am in a confusion..

i have already paid the immigrant fee for me and my wife and i wanted to know if i USCIS send receipt in an email. how long does it take for them to send the receipt because its already been about 6 days since i paid the fee.

are they going to send it in the email? please explain anybody. i am in a confusion..

No they don't email a receipt. You can log in to the account you created on ELIS, and there will be a receipt number for each visa you paid for (starting with "IOE" and then I think 10 numbers after that). The status update date below that should be the same as the date you paid.

thank you susie, i found it in the message section.. i didnt see it before.. should we show it in POE..

thank you susie, i found it in the message section.. i didnt see it before.. should we show it in POE..

No, you don't need to. The POE officials will send your visa pack to USCIS and they will reconcile it using your A-number. Green cards currently seem to be taking an average of 2 months after entry to be mailed btw, after your entry at some point your ELIS account will switch to "optimized" which means your card has been sent for production. Seems to take anywhere from a week to a month after that to receive it.

No, you don't need to. The POE officials will send your visa pack to USCIS and they will reconcile it using your A-number. Green cards currently seem to be taking an average of 2 months after entry to be mailed btw, after your entry at some point your ELIS account will switch to "optimized" which means your card has been sent for production. Seems to take anywhere from a week to a month after that to receive it.

we are not supposed to get form I-797 from USCIS right? thats a different thing right? receipt number like IOEXXXXXXXXX is the only receipt we get right?

we are not supposed to get form I-797 from USCIS right? thats a different thing right? receipt number like IOEXXXXXXXXX is the only receipt we get right?

Correct. Some people only pay after they are already in the US, all you need at POE is your passport and visa packet.

I understand all this stressing because I went through it all too and now I look back and think... It was all so simple, this has to be the easiest way in the world to get an immigrant visa anywhere, what was I so stressed about!! So I know it's difficult but just relax :)