Receipt/EAC #

re_me

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I need to know if there is any correlation between the EAC # of 485 and AP/EAD. I applied for EAD/AP along with 485 last September i.e., at the same time. This is because my company lawyer refuses to give the EAC # as he says it is against the company policy. I received my AD and EAD in January and the EAC # is 01040XXXXX. Finger printing was done in April.
Do you know if I could call the IIO to find the status with just the A# (on my EAD card). I am really anxious to know the status as I see so many Oct/Nov approvals. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

yes u can use A#,

try to get connected to VSC, enter your EAC for EAD( it will say approved) then press 0 for talking to iio. she will take your a#

No Title

Didn\'t your company/lawyer give you a copy of the 485 Notice? You will have to carry it if you go out of the country and want to return to USA.

No.. He said I need just the AP.

I am really worried now .. since I am planning to visit India in November...
Thanks for bringing this to my notice.

No Title

Sheila Murthy\'s site has an article/update about traveling with AP at http://www.murthy.com/ukpbadpl.html. Apart from that, look at the 485 FAQ. Here\'s her response to one of the FAQ -

Question 7. What do I need to take with me now that I have my travel document?

If you are traveling using the travel document known as Advance Parole, then you just need that document as well as your passport. It may be helpful to also carry a copy of your I-485 receipt notice, though this is not required.

If you have obtained a travel document but prefer to use H1B, H-4, L-1 or L-2 visa then you would travel showing that valid visa, along with the original petition approval notice if you are the principal but dependents would need to show the dependent visa, like the H4 visa stamp or the L2 visa stamp, along with the marriage certificate or birth certificate, showing dependent status with the principal non-immigrant. You should also take with you in that instance your I-485 receipt notice. A person who is maintaining one of those four statuses listed above has the choice of either using that type of visa to travel or using the Advance Parole document. Just because you obtained an Advance Parole document does not mean that you are required to use it.