Rec'd interview date before EAD?

lunajuna

Registered Users (C)
I'm USC filing AOS for my husband.

We just received our interview letter but still waiting on his EAD.

Here is my timeline:

4-5 RD
4-9 ND
4-20 fingerprints
5-22 LUD
6-3 Interview letter came in mail
7-20 interview date

If I would have known it would take longer than two months to get the EAD but less than 4 months for GC, I would not have filed for EAD.

My ND is 4/12. I wonder if I will be getting my interview letter soon. Hmmm. That would suck since I don't have my EAD yet. There goes money wasted. Grrrr

lunajuna said:

Here is my timeline:

4-5 RD
4-9 ND
4-20 fingerprints
5-22 LUD
7-20 interview date

If I would have known it would take longer than two months to get the EAD but less than 4 months for GC, I would not have filed for EAD.

he doesn't necessarily get GC right away, if namecheck is not comleted. btw, what's ur DO?

Rcd EAD

I have a similar time line , but my EAD was approved yesterday . You should receive your EAD soon . Good Luck .

On May 31, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

ps182 said:
I have a similar time line , but my EAD was approved yesterday . You should receive your EAD soon . Good Luck .

On May 31, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Hey, we have the exact timeline! What's your DO? :)

RD 3/30/06
ND 4/04/06
FP 4/19/06
EAD approved 5/31/06
Interview date 7/11/06

Last edited by a moderator:
lunajuna said:

Here is my timeline:

4-5 RD
4-9 ND
4-20 fingerprints
5-22 LUD
7-20 interview date

You did the right thing. You never should put all the eggs in one basket.
There are some people that will get the interview letter or even the interview date before they received the EAD, but that is question on how fast is the processing in your DO which is never well record on the USCIS website. There are many factors that come in place. Let's assume that everything looks good but your husband's name check clearance does not came on time, he at least will be able to continue working because his application will be pending. Without the EAD he won't be able to work.

Good luck in your interview!

Just be happy you are setup to possibly get your GC in 4 months!!!! No complaints here if mine were to come that fast, who cares about some stupid EAD fee lost for 10 years of security.. :confused:

wifey246 said:
Hey, we have the exact timeline! What's your DO? :)

RD 3/30/06
ND 4/04/06
FP 4/19/06
EAD approved 5/31/06
Interview date 7/11/06

I have asked the same question many times, and I believe it is Providence - RI, work in CT (H1B), biometrics completed at Hartford DO. I was really confused till ARI4U threw some light on the subject.
I’m yet to receive an Interview letter, I will keep you updated. Cheers.