• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Reasons for low cut-off for Asia?????????????????

M

mdawoodm

Hi friends,
I hope everyone is fine and doing well. The October bulletin has just been released, and it shows only 2350 for Asians in November. There is an increase of a mere 450 from the past month's 1900. It is such a disappointment for all the Asians. I still can't believe they are interviewing only 450 Asians in the whole November, come on, that's unfair. What do you guys think, what is really going on, why such low cut-off's for Asia???? What's wrong this year? And can we expect something dramatic in December, can there be a substantial increase, say 3000??

Let's hope for the best!

Ease up,my bro..,.it is going 2b well.

Hi friends,
I hope everyone is fine and doing well. The October bulletin has just been released, and it shows only 2350 for Asians in November. There is an increase of a mere 450 from the past month's 1900. It is such a disappointment for all the Asians. I still can't believe they are interviewing only 450 Asians in the whole November, come on, that's unfair. What do you guys think, what is really going on, why such low cut-off's for Asia???? What's wrong this year? And can we expect something dramatic in December, can there be a substantial increase, say 3000??

Let's hope for the best!

Hi friends,I hope everyone is fine and doing well.
I guess we're al are doing well:D

The October bulletin has just been released, and it shows only 2350 for Asians in November. There is an increase of a mere 450 from the past month's 1900. It is such a disappointment for all the Asians.
AS region must be having very low CNs thus the low cut-offs.

still can't believe they are interviewing only 450 Asians in the whole November, come on, that's unfair.
Do bear in mind this is a projection(the 450 cases) & there's no guarantee that by Oct 30,they'll be done with guys upto 1900;perhaps the reason to add only 450 so that they r not overwhelmed.

What do you guys think, what is really going on, why such low cut-off's for Asia????
Once again,very low CNs must be the cause.

What's wrong this year?
Am sorry to say but for AF cases,its actually better than DV2012 except for Egypt,Ethiopia & Nigeria:).

And can we expect something dramatic in December,
Given that we've already been given the baseline(Oct & Nov),my take is that the AS region will be @ snail pace.Is there any one in AS with a CN higher than 10,000?

can there be a substantial increase, say 3000??
I dont get it,as in the Dec cut-off to be 3,000 or ur suggesting a jump of 3,000 figures to 5,350?

On another note,how come u r in such a rush?How about if u had my CN?Indeed low CNs such as yours can be very misleading since if u had been designated AF,u would have been current in Oct!!!...but by the things r going,u r probably looking @ Dec(at the earliest).The positive thing is that u will be current,but as to when,that's a different story!!!

Cheers

hey guys,,,, what's wrong with the KCC?? 2350 for november.....im tensed....when will my case become current?? when does the visa bulletin takes a peak??? is there any chance of drastic increase in cut-off number for december and so on because the 2nd lot is going to take place on october 1st...and i've heard that there is no bigger number than 10000 from asia...does the selctees of 2nd lot i.e. october first will have the case number greater tha 10000??
reply plz..:(

CN : 2013AS000087XX
Entry Dated : Oct 2011
1st NL Checked : 2nd may 2012
Sent Forms to KCC : 28th may 2012
DHL Confirm delivery : 1st June 2012
KCC Confirmation : 2nd august 2012(after i called them)
2nd NL :
PCC :
Medicals :
Interview :
POE:

hey guys,,,, what's wrong with the KCC?? 2350 for november.....im tensed....when will my case become current?? when does the visa bulletin takes a peak??? is there any chance of drastic increase in cut-off number for december and so on because the 2nd lot is going to take place on october 1st...and i've heard that there is no bigger number than 10000 from asia...does the selctees of 2nd lot i.e. october first will have the case number greater tha 10000??
reply plz..:(

CN : 2013AS000087XX
Entry Dated : Oct 2011
1st NL Checked : 2nd may 2012
Sent Forms to KCC : 28th may 2012
DHL Confirm delivery : 1st June 2012
KCC Confirmation : 2nd august 2012(after i called them)
2nd NL :
PCC :
Medicals :
Interview :
POE:

I didn't receive my 2nd NL yet. My case no 2013AS000017XX. Dont know whats really going on??? :confused:

Do bear in mind this is a projection(the 450 cases) & there's no guarantee that by Oct 30,they'll be done with guys upto 1900;perhaps the reason to add only 450 so that they r not overwhelmed.
Why is this happening only to Asia, and not Africa???

Given that we've already been given the baseline(Oct & Nov),my take is that the AS region will be @ snail pace.Is there any one in AS with a CN higher than 10,000?
The highest Asian case number that I have seen is 8***

I dont get it,as in the Dec cut-off to be 3,000 or ur suggesting a jump of 3,000 figures to 5,350?
I mean could we see something like this in december, 1900+450+3000 = 5350 or 1900+450+2000 = 4350??

On another note,how come u r in such a rush?How about if u had my CN?Indeed low CNs such as yours can be very misleading since if u had been designated AF,u would have been current in Oct!!!...but by the things r going,u r probably looking @ Dec(at the earliest).The positive thing is that u will be current,but as to when,that's a different story!!!

I am not in a hurry, I am just surprised. There are 16000+ Asian winners this year. There should be atleast 16000 case numbers for them. And if they go as slow as 450, it is impossible for them to interview the 16000 Asians till Sept 30. And even if they go by 450 per month, I could still be current in April. So not a big deal!!

]

hello! anybody can share why 1900 or less than of this cut off number are not getting their 2nd NL although November visa bulletin was published having 2350 cut off number. Just slow increase 450 from whole Asia for November month.So, is there any possibility to adjust these winner having less than 1900 in November?

That's very strange. It seems it is very precise, 450 and not even 500. I don't know what's behind that.

My guess is that this might have something to do with the redraw last year. Maybe they are backlogged because the real results weren't released until July 2011. Or it might have something to do with the second draw they are planning this year in October. At this time last year, the total number they were processing was about 10,000 higher than this year's number (35054 total for Nov 2011 vs. 24152 total for Nov 2012). This tells me they are just behind on everything compared to last year.

In May 2012's bulletin, they were processing up to 40500 for Asia, but there were only 15000 selected from Asia for DV-2012. This tells me the number we see on the visa bulletins will exceed 30k or 40k eventually, and that means we will all be current some time next year. I'm not sure why we haven't seen any AS numbers greater than 8000s though. Will any other Asian winners step up and share your numbers?

I'm a bit concerned, but not too worried. Hopefully my guess is right about them just behind on everything this year. I will wait for 2 more visa bulletins before losing any sleep over this.

yes, perhaps it's related to the second selection and not only to the number of people who returned the forms to KCC. December bulletin should provide more visibility.

My guess is that this might have something to do with the redraw last year. Maybe they are backlogged because the real results weren't released until July 2011. Or it might have something to do with the second draw they are planning this year in October. At this time last year, the total number they were processing was about 10,000 higher than this year's number (35054 total for Nov 2011 vs. 24152 total for Nov 2012). This tells me they are just behind on everything compared to last year.

In May 2012's bulletin, they were processing up to 40500 for Asia, but there were only 15000 selected from Asia for DV-2012. This tells me the number we see on the visa bulletins will exceed 30k or 40k eventually, and that means we will all be current some time next year. I'm not sure why we haven't seen any AS numbers greater than 8000s though. Will any other Asian winners step up and share your numbers?

I'm a bit concerned, but not too worried. Hopefully my guess is right about them just behind on everything this year. I will wait for 2 more visa bulletins before losing any sleep over this.

In November, US elections are going to take place. Is there anyway this event could also have affected November's bulletin???

No, I don't think they even care about the number of asians, african or europeans that will be interviewed for the DV programme in november or december. But we never know after the election, some people wants to stop the lottery. In any case that shouldn't affect DV2013, the process is already launched and in a few day the first green cards will be granted.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I were everyone asking about the numbers for the bulletin (and there are so many questions of why and what and maybe!), I would just relax and see what happens.

You could surmise about a dozen reasons and the end result is that you can't change it anyway :)

But you can change how you feel - relax, keep watch, and be happy you have a number. Seriously, you are on the road when many are still waiting for the chance. Your turn will come :)

Q

If I were everyone asking about the numbers for the bulletin (and there are so many questions of why and what and maybe!), I would just relax and see what happens.

You could surmise about a dozen reasons and the end result is that you can't change it anyway :)

But you can change how you feel - relax, keep watch, and be happy you have a number. Seriously, you are on the road when many are still waiting for the chance. Your turn will come :)

Q

Truer Words Were Never Spoken.

The highest Asian case number that I have seen is 8***

I mean could we see something like this in december, 1900+450+3000 = 5350 or 1900+450+2000 = 4350??

I am not in a hurry, I am just surprised. There are 16000+ Asian winners this year. There should be atleast 16000 case numbers for them. And if they go as slow as 450, it is impossible for them to interview the 16000 Asians till Sept 30. And even if they go by 450 per month, I could still be current in April. So not a big deal!!

]

QUOTE=mdawoodm;2587137] Do bear in mind this is a projection(the 450 cases) & there's no guarantee that by Oct 30,they'll be done with guys upto 1900;perhaps the reason to add only 450 so that they r not overwhelmed.
Probably because CNs in AS r more tightly packed than AF.

The highest Asian case number that I have seen is 8***;
more the reason why 8*** could be a "high" CN is AS because of very many low CNs.

On another note,how come u r in such a rush?How about if u had my CN?Indeed low CNs such as yours can be very misleading since if u had been designated AF,u would have been current in Oct!!!...but by the things r going,u r probably looking @ Dec(at the earliest).The positive thing is that u will be current,but as to when,that's a different story!!![/B]
I am not in a hurry, I am just surprised. There are 16000+ Asian winners this year. There should be atleast 16000 case numbers for them. And if they go as slow as 450, it is impossible for them to interview the 16000 Asians till Sept 30. And even if they go by 450 per month, I could still be current in April So not a big deal!!
I don't think they have a quota to fill such that they have to interview all 16000 selectees.In Dv 2008,the Sept cut-off for AF was 63,200 yet that year the issued only 40k visas,to mean about 10k visas were not utilized.

hello! anybody can share why 1900 or less than of this cut off number are not getting their 2nd NL although November visa bulletin was published having 2350 cut off number. Just slow increase 450 from whole Asia for November month.So, is there any possibility to adjust these winner having less than 1900 in November?

I would say its still a bit early to get worried since we're yet to reach Oct(even those current on Oct).For those current in Oct,the only thing they should not have undergone is the medical,all required certs should be @ hand.By the accounts I've read,the medical takes a day & thus those current in Oct who will receive their notifications in Oct should be ok.Come to think of it,DV2012 selectees who were reminded to check their status had very little time to get their affairs in order & thus early preparation would be best suppose they notify u late.

On another note,I doubt they have quotas to fill given the pace of things thus we have to hang tight & hope for the best.Even if the upto 1900numbers r not interviewed in Oct,they'll be moved to Dec& life will go on.Before the visa bulletin was in e-form,it was printed & thus they had to project like 2 months in advance since accessibility to the written material might have been difficult.(Check the visa bulletins between 1995-around 2001).

In November, US elections are going to take place. Is there anyway this event could also have affected November's bulletin???

I don't see how one day should affect an annual calendar to such a degree.DoS employees r civil servants who should do their jobs irrespective of who is in power.

bangladesh is removed from GC countries so application number dropped 75% from asia and 50% total thats why you have low numbers and second selections etc.+ people who won dont want to go because there is no jobs in US