Ready to submit...

Mishumishu

Registered Users (C)
I have been a lurker here until now, and found some really valuable information on this site, which I'm so grateful for. Now I need a little help. I have put my package together (I am married to an American citizen) and have included, Form i-693, Form i-130, Form i-485, Form i-864 and Form i-765.

I believe I have all the required documents, just want to make sure that regular copies of documents (such as i-94, passport, visa, birth/marriage certificate) are OK...or do I need to submit certified copies for any of these?

I also want some guidance on how to attach the package. Someone told me use a hole punch and put everything together...I don't want to take the risk of accidentally making a hole on a pic or money order, so I was thinking of stapling each form pack in the corner, where nothing could be disturbed and they could take checks/photos out of the envelopes without even taking the staples off (to ensure that no paperwork gets misplaced!) and then take a big filing clip to attach all the separate form packs to each other, along with the cover letter. Is this a good idea, or is there a set way of doing these things?

Also, I'm ready to go check how I have to address the envelope/what type of mailing services to apply to the package...if you have any suggestions regarding that, please share.

And would it help sending it express mail or something faster than priority?

I appreciate any help you can give me. Hopefully this package will be out today/tomorrow.

I have been a lurker here until now, and found some really valuable information on this site, which I'm so grateful for. Now I need a little help. I have put my package together (I am married to an American citizen) and have included, Form i-693, Form i-130, Form i-485, Form i-864 and Form i-765.

I believe I have all the required documents, just want to make sure that regular copies of documents (such as i-94, passport, visa, birth/marriage certificate) are OK...or do I need to submit certified copies for any of these?

Ohio, Gozaimas....Regular copies are fine.
I also want some guidance on how to attach the package. Someone told me use a hole punch and put everything together...I don't want to take the risk of accidentally making a hole on a pic or money order, so I was thinking of stapling each form pack in the corner, where nothing could be disturbed and they could take checks/photos out of the envelopes without even taking the staples off (to ensure that no paperwork gets misplaced!) and then take a big filing clip to attach all the separate form packs to each other, along with the cover letter. Is this a good idea, or is there a set way of doing these things?

Bingo, u are doing exactly what I did, leave no loose paper around. Staple all pages of any form and then hold the package with clips. let uscis do the hole punching, let them feel important while doing so. Of course, all this is disassembled in chicago and sent to the service center, but u are doing ur best to not lose anything.

Also, I'm ready to go check how I have to address the envelope/what type of mailing services to apply to the package...if you have any suggestions regarding that, please share.
USPS, certified ail, return receipt , ~$10, gets there in 2 days.

Nah, save ur $ for that green fees for supertwilight round of golf.

I appreciate any help you can give me. Hopefully this package will be out today/tomorrow.

Send it QUICK ! !!! :D , what's your DO ?

Duh?

He means what is your state of residency? Depending on that there is a District Office that will have "jurisdiction" over your case.

i.e. Where you will go for finger prints and the interview

^ Aaah. I am in Western New York, if I'm not mistaken my DO is in Buffalo, NY. Forgive me, I am not too familiar with immigration lingo.

Hi, just recently sent mine as well, not sure if I am qualified to give advice yet but I got my biometrics notice so I assume they like my applications?!? See inserts in blue.

... I have put my package together (I am married to an American citizen) and have included, Form i-693, Form i-130, Form i-485, Form i-864 and Form i-765.

I assume you already included 01 x G-325A (4 pages filled out by you) + 01 x G-325A (4 pages filled out by your spouse) for the I-130, and another 01 x G-325A (4 pages filled out by yourself) for the I-485.

regular copies (as kkboy pointed out)

I think you will find most advice in this forum against hole punch for sure, some against staples too. Personally I used small paper clip for the forms themselves and one big clip for each of the forms + supporting docs + photos.

Depends on how impatience you are or if getting the forms there by perhaps 2 days earlier is that critical for you. I am quite in need of the advance parole, hence i used the FedEx option knowing that it would probably buy me only an extra day or two. But note FedEx and USPS mail has a different address for the Chicago Lockbox still. Most experienced people on this forum would advise you to use tracking/confirmation if you opt for the USPS priority.

-----------------------------------------------------
Married to USC, currently on H1B1.
DO: Sacramento, CA
I-485 / I-130 / I-765 / I-131 filed concurrently
04/21/07 - Fedexed package to Chicago lockbox
04/23/07 - Received Date for all forms
04/27/07 - Notice Date for all forms
05/04/07 - Notice Date of Biometrics appointment for I-485 & I-765
05/23/07 - Biometrics appointment date.

FYI: If you are considering buying "Green Card through Marriage" guide from www.usimmigrationsupport.org, I strongly advise you NOT to. Why?? I bought it before I discovered this site/forum. Certainly not worth the $49.95.

I assume you already included 01 x G-325A (4 pages filled out by you) + 01 x G-325A (4 pages filled out by your spouse) for the I-130, and another 01 x G-325A (4 pages filled out by yourself) for the I-485.
I hope the G-325A to go along with the I-130 isn't something that is required :eek: I did include my husband's and mine with the I-485. I sent all the documents guiding myself by a list of what my mom submit 2 years ago when she did her paperwork (married to citizen, too) and she didn't have a G-325A listed to go along with the I-130. I hope it's not something new :confused:

Ohno !!!!

I hope the G-325A to go along with the I-130 isn't something that is required :eek: I did include my husband's and mine with the I-485. I sent all the documents guiding myself by a list of what my mom submit 2 years ago when she did her paperwork (married to citizen, too) and she didn't have a G-325A listed to go along with the I-130. I hope it's not something new :confused:

mushi mushi !!! you are telling me that u didn't send 325A with I130 ? With the 485 (one copy of beneficiary is required), with 130 (1 of each - beneficiary + petitioner) is required !!!
If uscis is merciful ,they will make a copy themselves....but your original signature is required !! I hope not...but u might be RFEd !

Sayonara ! Gokouun o inorimasu !!!

Just great :( I hope they just make a copy themselves like you said...my mom didn't submit it either, I guess they were benevolent with her? I hope I don't get RFed :(

Just great :( I hope they just make a copy themselves like you said...my mom didn't submit it either, I guess they were benevolent with her? I hope I don't get RFed :(

even if u are RFE'd, keep that 325A ready to go. I recently read about a patron here who got a turnaround from RFE receipt -> RFE sent-> Case resumed = 7 days !!!!!! Fedex it overnight !

Got a turnaround? What does that mean?

I will keep the 325A ready to go. I'm praying that they won't care about it, though.

PS: I just tracked my package "Your item arrived at 6:04 AM on May 12, 2007 in CHICAGO, IL 60680. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later. " Oh my, I'm nervous. At least we know it's there.

turnaround

turnaround ..in terms of when ur processing stops..and resumes...it takes a month sometimes.

I just got my received notices, and my appointment for biometrics along with it for june 6th :D Does that mean everything was ok, that I won't be RFE'd? Or does that happen later?

nope

:)

you are not yet out of the woods, wait for the interview letter. If that arrives...then u can be 90% sure about no RFE.

Forms Packages

USCIS website used to have a package link for the forms for concurrent filing so that people wouldn't have to go to each form at download the forms. Now I do not see that link can anyone help me?

I received my appointment date! :D It's july 17th. I'm so happy.

A question, though...in the list of things I need to bring, it tells me to bring the I-485 (if not already submitted), which we had sent already so we wouldn't have to bring it (I'll bring the copies anyway, but you know what I mean). The confusing part is that in the checklist under the I-485 it says to bring the tax info of the past 3 years from my sponsor. We only submitted the tax info for one year, as we understood that that was the requirement and the additional 2 years were optional.

Does this mean that I should come up with the tax info from the previous 2 years and bring it, is that what they're asking me for? Or is it that they haven't updated the 3-1 year requirement thing for that notice of action? I would assume that since I wasn't RFEd on my original I-485 for more tax info, I don't have to come up with anything extra.