re : When?? Medical Examination??

Blue Tiger

Hi,

I wonder when I have to take the medical examination. I found that someone filed the medical examination with I-485, but I don't. I've just done my fingerprint on 6/21.

I am not sure whether I have to do my medical examination now or wait until I receive the interview letter. Someone said they received the interview letter normally within 30 days after they've done their fingerprint. Is that ture??

Pls help for share your experience.

Also, I don't have any vaccination record, do I need to take the vaccination before going to do the medical examination.

Blue Tiger. :p
I filied my I-485 (married a US citizen) to Chicago lockbox

Blue Tiger said:
Hi,

I wonder when I have to take the medical examination. I found that someone filed the medical examination with I-485, but I don't. I've just done my fingerprint on 6/21.

I am not sure whether I have to do my medical examination now or wait until I receive the interview letter. Someone said they received the interview letter normally within 30 days after they've done their fingerprint. Is that ture??

Pls help for share your experience.

Also, I don't have any vaccination record, do I need to take the vaccination before going to do the medical examination.

Blue Tiger. :p
I filied my I-485 (married a US citizen) to Chicago lockbox
I received my interview letter one week after my FP. If you want to save money on your medical exam, take the vaccination at you local health department before going to your medical exam. When you are ready to do your medical, call the certified civil surgeon and ask what vaccination do you need, usually like MMR, chicken pox, and Td. This is what I heard from other people, if you did not submit your medical with your I485, you can bring it with you to the interview.