RE: Question about Fingerprints for N-400

karankhiani

Registered Users (C)
I just submitted by wifes N-400 application on December 27, 2011. I read somewhere on these forums that if someone gives their finger prints within 16 months of the previous application, then USCIS may bypass your finger prints as a whole. In my case, my wife gave her fingerprints on February 3, 2011 to remove the conditions off her green card. Will she have to give her finger prints again for this N-400?

Please Advise...

Thanks

I just submitted by wifes N-400 application on December 27, 2011. I read somewhere on these forums that if someone gives their finger prints within 16 months of the previous application, then USCIS may bypass your finger prints as a whole. In my case, my wife gave her fingerprints on February 3, 2011 to remove the conditions off her green card. Will she have to give her finger prints again for this N-400?

Please Advise...

Thanks

Every case is different and it is hard to tell. Some receive a FP notice although they went through a recent one, some do not. Just wait and see if you will receive the notice or if you go to the interview stage directly.

It happened to me, I did not get a FP appointment because I took my FP in the last 13 months.

Every case is different and it is hard to tell. Some receive a FP notice although they went through a recent one, some do not. Just wait and see if you will receive the notice or if you go to the interview stage directly.

Thank you. I will keep that in mind...:)

Bypass FP is not necessarily a good thing though. Say if your FP will expire in 6 months when they received your application, you may not need a new FP. But in the worst case your interview takes too long to schedule - just pass 6 months, you may not get approved on site even you pass the interview. You may have to re-FP by then.

Pending... that's the word we hate.

I would rather get FP done during the normal procedure to get a peace of mind.

Last edited by a moderator: