Re: Multiple Application

ks1974

Registered Users (C)
I am working for a Company A in NY and have filed my labour from NYC. Another company B in Chicago also filed my labour and it got approved. I am condering to go ahead and file my I 140 from company B and then join them at a later stage when my I 140 gets approved(if it gets aprooved)

My question is that if in the future my labour from NY comes thru and I decide to file my I 140 from NY itself and just scrap the Company B option is that possible.
Also whats the validity of a labour approval ?

Will really appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,
ks1974

Yes, you can decide to proceed with either of the two petitions provided there is a bonafide job offer attached to both.

Could you please, if you don't mind post the dates you filed your LC with Chicago and when it came through ?
Thanks

Re: Date

I filed my labour in November and it got approved around April.
I may not go with it as the employer wants me to join him now and I have a very good job in NYC which is very tough to leave.

ks1974

Currently the LC does not have an expiry date. So, it should not be a problem if you want to apply from "B" - Chicago company after a year. So, atleast I would request them to keep the LC available for you instead of using it up with somebody else (Substitute LC.. Employer can substitute your LC with similar candidate).

I don't know about the LC processing times in NYC (It depends on if your application is RIR or not).