re: Medical Exam

Dub

Registered Users (C)
I have a question about the medical exam that my husband (Pakistani citizen) will have to undergo before his interview (we've just now applied for an I-130 for Marriage to an Alien Spouse)..

My husband has no vaccination records whatsoever. His uncle is a doctor, so he'd just come over and immunize him at home and for some reason, they didn't bother to keep any records!

So, what does this mean as far as his medical exam is concerned? How will it work - will the Dr. have to take blood tests to confirm if he's had the vaccinations, and about how long will that take? I've heard that my husband won't be able to get all the vaccinations in one day, so he'd have to wait at least a few weeks in between shots? Is that true?

And how long are the medical results valid? I mean, do we have to wait until we get an interview date before scheduling the exam, or can we just do it as soon as we've filed the I-130 (which we did a few days ago - God knows when the interview will be!)

Btw, the medical exam would be conducted in Islamabad, Pakistan, if that matters any.

Hi - I had my medical exam done here in the US. I'd had all vaccines as a kid, but trying to get the paperwork from my home country (UK) was horrendous, so I just opted to have them all done again. I had three shots I think it was, and they were all done at the same time. I felt it bit under the weather for the next few days (immune response because you've already had the vaccines), but it was easier than trying to get my records from my school days...

Forgot to add, I sent in my medical exam (sealed envelope from Dr) at same time as I sent in I485/I131 and everything thing else.

wannabe_texan said:
Hi - I had my medical exam done here in the US. I'd had all vaccines as a kid, but trying to get the paperwork from my home country (UK) was horrendous, so I just opted to have them all done again. I had three shots I think it was, and they were all done at the same time. I felt it bit under the weather for the next few days (immune response because you've already had the vaccines), but it was easier than trying to get my records from my school days...

Forgot to add, I sent in my medical exam (sealed envelope from Dr) at same time as I sent in I485/I131 and everything thing else.

Hm, well since we're both not in the US, I think I only had to file the I-130 form and that's it - and I've already done that.. the next step is the I-864? After the DS-whatever (Naming of Agent) and paying all the fees, that is (I think!) Can I send them the medical exam with the I-864, or will they just send it back to me. Well actually, I'll be handing it in in person, so will they just give it back and tell me to bring it at the time of the interview?

Oh, and do these Panel Physicians perform exams on just anyone, or do you need to show them your Interview Letter? Someone told me that you can't just walk in and tell them that you're GOING to have an interview at some point, but that you have to prove it with documentation?