Re-Entry with AP after 485

swadeshi

Registered Users (C)
Guys:

I need some advice, here\'s my situation =>

My wife left to India on March 22 on a valid Advance Parole. Two days
later our 485 got approved. Now, according to our original travel plans
she was to return on June 20 (a full 3 moths later).

The question is under the altered circumstances - are there any risks
during re-entry using an Advanced Parole - three months after 485
approval ? During the return, Would a stayover at Dubai be ill advised
, or would it not matter? Does the case warrant an attorneys advice?

I would appreciate any help.

Technically there should not be any problems

However since getting passport stamped at the earliest is priority #1 you should get it done right away even if it means inconvenience of disrupting the 3 mth trip.

At PP stamping you will have to surrender remaining copies of AP along with EAD, I-94 etc.

A lawyers advice can always help.

Deferred Inspection

JoeF and other Gurus, My wife was also outside the country when her 485 was approved. At the POE (JFK, NewYork) the immigration officer stamped her Passport as "allowed to resume 485" instead of "Deferred inspection" inspite of her giving the 485 notice. Subsequently, we went to NEwark INS office and got her Passport stamped with out any problem.
My primary concern is if this "error" will cause trouble the next time she has to travel on the 551 stamp. Since her entry into US ( 03/23) was later than her approval(02/15), the stamp "allowed to resume 485" contradicts her 551 stamp. Additionally, we did not receive her actual card and am concerned that VSC may issue an RFE inquiring why she did not "deferred inspection". Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Venkat