Re-entry Permit Question

aurs

Registered Users (C)
I received my GC last year, recently due to personal reasons I had to come to India in the month of March this year and before comming to India I have applied for a re-entry permit for 1 year as I was not sure of my duration of stay and I received the receipt notice of the re-entry permit before travelling to India. I'm planning to return back to US sometime during august this year, which is around 6 months of stay out of US. My question is can I travel back to US while my re-entry permit application is pending decision from USCIS , also will there be any additional questioning at the POE due to the pending application.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
What I know is that, if you are out for less than 6 months, you dont need a reentry permit. If it is 6-1 yr, then they might do additional questioning. Since you have applied, I dont think there should be any problem. My lawyer told me that I dont need one if I am not out for more than an year.

BTW, Did you give any reasons for applying for a re entry permit?

Thanks for your response, Actually I travelled this year in February to India for 4 weeks and returned to US in the month of March, and again in the month of May I had to travel to India due to Family reasons as I was not sure of duration of my stay in India I applied for a re-entry permit now I'm planning to travel back to US before the 6 month period, with this current situation will I be subjected to any additional questioning at the POE and will they ask anything about my frequent trips.

Pls. advice ASAP.