Re-entering US from Canada after I-94 Expires

taFFie

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and would greatly appreciate some assistance on my queries.
I'd be travelling to Canada on Dec 16th but my I-94 will expire on Dec 18th as a tourist. I'm currently holding a B-1 Multiple Entry visa that will expire only on 2010. Since my flight is scheduled to fly back to Malaysia, my home country from Austin,TX , I will need to re-enter US after my I-94 expires (which is on Jan 3rd, 2007). I'd be in Canada for 2.5 weeks. Will my B1 visa be invalid if I happened to re-enter and considered as overstay then? :( Please advise.

This URL http://web.mit.edu/scholars/travelca.html seems to suggest that it will be OK. I'm confused. I need some of your expertise to help me through this. Thanks a lot in advance!!

Got to know that my i-94 will be relinquished if I leave Canada..

Got to know that my i-94 will be relinquished when I leave for Canada..I guess it's OK for me to come back then .. :eek:

taFFie said:
Got to know that my i-94 will be relinquished when I leave for Canada..I guess it's OK for me to come back then .. :eek:

Make sure to surrender your I-94 to the airline staff (or if not, to the cdn immigration officer upon entry into Canada). This is because for US-Canada travel, they are not too keen on taking the I-94..

Thanks for your advice, big boy! I guess that means I'd do the US-Exit Procedure 2x then..