Re-Entering United States

Melissa.x

Hi all,
Please help me with this issue. I entered US on a J-1 visa in Jan 2008, after finishing my studies due to the threats i couldn't return to my country, instead i crossed the border without notifying the US border officers and entered Canada and sought asylum in the border. Now I am a Canadian PR.

Can anyone tell if i cant get US visa and enter US without any legal implications? :confused:

I appreciate your help!

Thanks,
Melissa

Since the US thinks you are illegally present, you have issues to overcome in addition to any HRR. If you are looking at a work visa, you need to advise any prospective employer of your situation. I suggest that you enlist the services of a US immigration attorney to identify your situation before even considering applying for a new visa of any kind.

Thank you very much

Since the US thinks you are illegally present, you have issues to overcome in addition to any HRR. If you are looking at a work visa, you need to advise any prospective employer of your situation. I suggest that you enlist the services of a US immigration attorney to identify your situation before even considering applying for a new visa of any kind.

Thank you very much for your reply!