Re: EAD question. Please advice

shah007

Registered Users (C)
I have an EAD question. Would appreciate any input.

My wife is about to get a job but her current EAD expired today and her renewed EAD has not arrived. Its only been a month since we applied so I cant even get the iEAD (Interim EAD).

In these circumstances, please let me know what are my options. Is there a way she can start working while she is still waiting for her renewed EAD.

Thanks in advance,

She is NOT allowed to work without a valid EAD or some other visa. Ex. H-1B.
She has to wait until its approved or she will be working illegally.

Ead

It is illegal to work with out an EAD. Even the Employer will not hire her because of not having a valid EAD.
Check with the employer and see what he/she says about this. This might affect you in the GC processing.
If I was you I would not go for it.

shah007 said:
I have an EAD question. Would appreciate any input.

My wife is about to get a job but her current EAD expired today and her renewed EAD has not arrived. Its only been a month since we applied so I cant even get the iEAD (Interim EAD).

In these circumstances, please let me know what are my options. Is there a way she can start working while she is still waiting for her renewed EAD.

Thanks in advance,
======
Yes, you cannot work without a valid EAD. If caught by INS the Employer is heavily fined.

You can try to get an interim EAD based on the fact that you have a Job offer in hand. The new employer could give a supporting letter stating that they need the person .

Good Luck !!