Re-applying for H1B

simphony80

Hi Mr. Khanna,

First let me apologize for posting this message in an inappropriate topic. I couldn't find any new thread link or interaction in H1B topic and hence I am posting it here. Could u please reply to me at my email whazzupp@email.com? I really Appreciate your time in helping me with this..

I am working in the IT field with a consultant on a H1, which was approved in fiscal year 2003-04. But he did not give me any papers regarding my visa.. Now, I have got a full-time offer from an employer who is working in the same area as my masters degree. I have the following questions regarding my case
1. I don't know whether my H1 has been filed for an IT related job (I am working on IT related job) or my masters related job.. Will I be able to transfer my H1 regardless of its filing? (I am not converstant with immigration rules, but I heard that one is given H1 in a specific area and we can't transfer H1, if the jobs are not in the same area??)
2. As I mentioned, my consultant did not give me any papers... So will I be able to transfer my H1 without his help? Am I legally eligible to receive papers or am I at his mercy?
3. In case he is not giving me papers, can I re-apply for H1?? I heard that one can not apply for H1 more than 2 times...

Could any senior/knowledgeable member of the forum throw light upon my issue.. I really appreciate your time in giving me pointers...

Thanks and regards
Sameer