Re Apply Attn: Naanshi

A0001

Registered Users (C)
I know, you went for new filing. I 'm not clear on following areas while refiling..................

Part 3 of I 485:
Have you ever before applied for permanent resident status in the U.S.?Yes If you checked "Yes," give date and place of filing and final disposition.

I-765:

11. Have you ever before applied for employment authorization from INS?No Yes (if yes, complete below)
Which INS Office? Date(s)

any one could ANS???? Please

Re Apply Attn: Naanshi
I know, you went for new filing. I 'm not clear on following areas while refiling..................

Part 3 of I 485:
Have you ever before applied for permanent resident status in the U.S.?Yes If you checked "Yes," give date and place of filing and final disposition.

------Checked "Yes" and gave the details. I hope my attorney might have sent a copy of my I-485 denial letter.

I-765:

11. Have you ever before applied for employment authorization from INS?No Yes (if yes, complete below)
Which INS Office? Date(s)

-------Yes. Gave all the details and wrote "The I-765 was denied due to the denial of underlying I-140 petition"

any one could ANS???? Please

Naanshi...

i believe earlier NSC denied due to Educational/company profits....

If i check yes...

again they pull my old file...then what is advantage in new fling?
then they follow old things....

thanks

1.Don't lie to USCIS, by checking "No" or not giving your A#.
That MAY/WILL create more problem.

2.When you file again, from your A#,if you have one already,
any way they are going to get your old case file.

3.Try to file with more facts/documents which can overturn your
earlier denial.

Naanshi.

naanshi....

my concern is about my I 140.....I'm going with same employer and same LC. Nothing change.....just refilng with more supporting docs.

A# going to be same????

other wise is there any benefite to go I 140 only? in this case this question won't come into picture at this point of time.
Once I 140 get approved then no issue to put old details.

please let me know.

It is good that you are going to file with more supporting documents. That will surely help. Yes. A#(Alien Number) is going to be same. It is not going to change. (I hope it is like SSN for Alien).

I thought of this(That is filing I-140 alone). But still you may have to give your A#. When I filed H1B from my new company, we gave A# and my H1B receipt, I-140 receipt have that. I checked the I-140 form and in part 3 of I-140 form, there is A# box. So I don't think you can ignore A#.

The best option here is to file only I-140 and wait. Suppose if it goes to some other officer who does not look into your old case file, then you may get approval. Take a chance.

Just my opinion. Consult with your attorney for advise.

Naanshi.

Naanshi....

Thanks for your ideas/ suggetions....

My corporate didn't open any details even LIN#. I'm not aware about paper work for 140( just now i saw 140 form - part 3 -there is A# ). both times attorney asked me paper work for 485 only.

Why corporate attorney not allowing to know details on 140?

one more question: I'm thinking to change employer also.
do we need any old concurrent file details for transfering h1b?

thanks,

Some attorneys think that I-140 is only for/about the company. So the beneficiary does not have to know anything about that. That is somewhat O.K. But in case of RFE and denial also they won't let us know any thing. That is stupid. We have to know why our I-140 or I-485 got denied.

If you are changing employer, you need to mention about your A# only, when you file again. Other things do not matter. If you have your I-485 denial letter, it will be good.

All the Best,

naanshi.

Naanshi,

My corporate proposed to substitue a labor to file my 140 to link with denied 140.Attorney's representative(not attorney) told me that there may not be a need to file 1485 again.

Could i continue with exsting 1485? Do you have any idea. please let me know.

thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
A0001,

I have heard of this. Yes, you can do that. Filing a new I-140 with a Substitute labor and link those to the already filed I-485 petition. I think, it must be from SAME Employer.

As far as I know, It is possible. Consult with your Attorney and let us all know. It may be helpful to others in this board in the future.

Naanshi.

if it possiable then may be need a MotiontoReOpen on 485+765??? Any way It's a sensitive issue............there is no exact similar case in this forum

Finally My employer directing to file my 140 alone with labor Substitute.

After 140 approval only ...he is going to sponcer 485 bla bla.....

Let C what's going to happen???????

I'm not sure How long NSC takes like this case?????