RE:485 job changeMyladoor, Rapid Act and other experts please reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VishGC

Registered Users (C)
Hi
There are two points:
1)Is it necessary during 180 day stay with the sponsor employer after filing I485, the employee has to get paid????If it is true then why it is on Murthy Chat that GC is for future job and is not out of status if someone is not getting paid durin I485.
Cause , though many fellow GC waiters might have crossed 180 days Laskman Rekha but manyof them would not have gotten salary during couple or more months of 180 day period(due to market crunch)

Please post ur messgae for sake of all of those and if they wud be able to get the benefit of AC21 regulation now being out
THANKS

No Title

Not getting paid on an H1 has the same consequences whether you have applied for your 485 or not. That is why most consulting companies force you to get your AD so that they can stop paying you.

In other words, though the actual consequences of not getting paid, I think, is on a per-case basis(Can you claim a leave of absence during that time, how long can you be on leave and not get paid on an H1, can you say you were sick during that time etc), it does not change if you had applied for your 485 at that time.

My few cents worth....

No Title

dear friend I did nto understand you what are u trying to say?Please just put it in simple words,