RD Nov2002: Passport stamped with e-mail notice

asrivang

Registered Users (C)
My case has been approved on 05/10/2004 and I received e-mail on 05/11/2004. Went to Arlington VA office on Sat, 05/15/2004. I reached the office around 7AM and there were already around 70 people in queue ahead of me. The office opened at 8AM. On Saturdays it works from 8AM to 12PM and it is written that they issue only 75 tokens. I am called around 11AM. I have shown the print copy of my e-mail approval notice to the lady at the counter. She is very kind. I have produced my latest I-94 card and 2 photos. She has also asked me to return my latest EAD and I did return. She took my signature (on both sides of a sheet) and index finger prints of both hands. Then she asked me whether I live at the same current address and I replied affirmative. Finally my passport is stamped along with the I-485 receipt number and the #A number hand written on the same page. Later in the evening I have found the actual approval notice (courtesy copy) in my mail box. I have already posted my details in the earlier thread one week ago. Here are the details once again.

Note: She suggested me to keep my name as a sticker inside my mailbox so that the postman positively deliver the green card (the plastic card). I once again sincerely wish and pray Lord Venkateswara that all my brothers and sisters in this forum, to get their approvals as early as possible.

I-140
RD: 06 Oct 2002
AD: 26 Jan 2004
FP: 12 Feb 2003
I-485
RD:13 Nov 2002 (EB2 pre-approved labor)
AD: 10 May 2004
Passport stamped on 15 May 2004

I had only one FP. As Malluri rightly said, my case has been approved just before the expiry of FP. On the other hand, I have seen another case in this forum where -I-485 is approved, may be 10 days after the expiry of FP, based on the information given by the member. I believe, If one's I-485 case is approved, it means that he/she has gone through all the hurdles and met all the requirements. The rest of the process (stamping and plastic card) is purely clerical/adminstrative in nature. That is what my attorney told me categorically. Ideally speaking, USCIS are not supposed to ask for, any kind of further evidence/docuements. If they do ask, it is our bad luck.

asrivang,

I went to arlington office today(06/04/04) for stamping. I have a question. The lady took the FP of only my right hand index finger on both sides of the sheet. You mentioned you gave FP of both hands. I am confused.

Do you know how long it is taking to get the card after stamping?

Thanks

GC6020

Please post your case details

GC6020 said:
asrivang,

I went to arlington office today(06/04/04) for stamping. I have a question. The lady took the FP of only my right hand index finger on both sides of the sheet. You mentioned you gave FP of both hands. I am confused.

Do you know how long it is taking to get the card after stamping?

Thanks

GC6020

Congratulations, Can you please post your details